Chapter 20

Jennie's POV

I opened my eyes slowly to be met by my lover's worried ones. Did I just say lover's?

"Oh man... I thought I'd lose you back there." She hugged me tightly and I didn't even notice the crowd around us.

There was the life guard too who exhaled a sigh of relief. I suppose he saved me. He was pretty good-looking to say the least.

"J-Jisoo. I have to thank someone." I tapped her shoulder and she pulled away from me. She had a confused look on her face too.

"Who?"

"The life guard obviously, Jisoo." I stood up with her help. But I couldn't get why her expression turned sad for a second. "Anything wrong?"

"Nothing. Go on. I'll wait for you here." She says pushing me lightly towards the life guard.

The life guard looked confused  at first on why I was in front of him. But I said what I was suppose to say anyways.

"Thank you sir. For saving my life, I meant." I smiled at him and he was shifting on his place. I saw him look in one direction but didn't mind.

"U-um... yeah. It was no biggie. It is my job after all." He scratched his cheek. He's cute to be honest.

"May I ask for your name?" I asked in a polite manner.

"Oh. Taehyung. Kim Taehyung." He introduced with a slight bow. I bowed in response.

"Jennie. Jennie Kim."

"That's a nice name." He says shyly.

"Thanks..." I looked down out of shyness. Did not expect someone to be so straightforward honestly.

"Are you done already?" Jisoo asks. Putting her hand on my shoulder and smiled to Taehyung. Taehyung gave her a small smile.

"Yes." I answered.

"Let's go then?" She suggests but I refused. She gave me a confused look making me chuckle. "I at least have to introduce you to my savior." I grabbed her hand and pushed her in front of Taehyung.

"Um... h-hi, Sooya..." Taehyung nervously laughed and avoided Jisoo's gaze. Jisoo only kept on staring at him as if killing him with no actions at all.

"You know each other?" I asked while looking at Jisoo, who was casually smiling.

"Of course. I can't forget the first person who actually rejected me in middle school." Jisoo answers with no spite in her words whatsoever. But her words got me taken aback.

"Huh?! But you told me you confessed to a guy named V." I accusingly glared at her eliciting giggles from both of them. I only stood there confused and out of place.

"I am V." Taehyung raised his hand for a short while before putting it back in his short pockets. "Jisoo gave me the nickname." He says before smiling at her.

"But past is past never discuss. We better be going now, V." Jisoo grabbed my wrist gently but I pulled away from her hold making her frown. "What now?" Her tone was scary. It was a mixture of frustration and seriousness.

"I-I'm gonna get Taehyung's number." I reasoned. Her expression immediately changed.

"Sure. Whatever." She turned away from me and crossed her arms while mumbling some stuff that I can't quite understand. Now her back is facing me.

I quickly called Taehyung who was walking away from his place.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Can I get your number?" I asked. His expression turned into a smirk.

"Why so, Kim?"

"Don't misunderstand. I only need it so that I'll have more contacts in my phone." I said making him laugh. But that's not actually the reason. I would like to know my savior better.

He typed in his number and so did I in his phone. I thanked him and then ran after Jisoo.

"Your done already? I thought you two were going out." She says which made my eyebrows furrow.

"What? Your talking nonsense." I said which made her shrug. And then realization hit me. Kim Jisoo is... "Jealous?"

As I said that, her face turned beet red. I could laugh but no. Maybe later though. Her face is priceless.

I should tease her more often.

"Wh-what? Why would I be jealous? I'm definitely not." She makes up. But her expression says otherwise.

"C'mon, you jealous dork. Aren't we finished with our date yet?" I intertwined our hands which surprised the older girl. But she couldn't help but smile at the younger's sweet action.

"Nope. Not at all." Jisoo answers.

I dragged her towards the spot where the blanket that we laid was on. But even before I could sit down, she pulled me into an embrace.

"Please remind me to not go surfing again. You traumatized me somehow." She mumbles on my shoulder. I laughed and patted her back.

"Sure." I replied and I felt her smile on my shoulder.

"Alright then. Let's stay here for a little while and then change. Then let's eat lunch in your favorite restaurant. Sounds good?"

"Hell yes."

We then sat down on the blanket and stared at the clear blue sea. I then looked at Jisoo. She was so peaceful-looking. Her eyes closed and a smile lingering her face. I heaved a contented sigh. She's beautiful in any way possible.

But when my eyes trailed down her body, I was shocked.

"J-Jisoo..." I called out and she looks at me with one eye and her head tilted.

"Yes?"

"Wh-where did you get those scars?" I asked pointing to the faded markings on her back. Some were long, some were short.

She immediately tried to cover it but failed. I looked at her with questions rambling in my head.

What happened? Who did this? Why would they do it? Why did they make her suffer? Since when did she have these? Why didn't I notice it earlier?

All my thoughts stopped when she cupped one of my cheeks and smiled at me warmly. Enough to make me melt in the spot.

"It's something you shouldn't put your nose in."

I was about to say something but stopped myself from doing so. If it's too personal then I understand.

"Okay then."

"Thanks, Jennie."

...