58

ƭɦε ∂ε૮เรเσɳ
ყεร, σ૨ ɳσ?

Sasuke's POV

I carried Sakura to a safe place while having a clone carrying Naho. The princess was walking besides me quietly, maybe the attack had a huge impact on her?

"Why would she do that?" She said softly as she had her eyes fixated on the ground.

"What do you mean?" I wonder where she is going with this conversation...

"Yeah, like why did she risk her life for mine, like I'm aware it's your duty to be my bodyguards but when she catched me she had a sense of reassurance as she covered me from harms way, and that everything was going to be okay...She did that despite of how badly I've treated her...." she continued.

"Sakura is like that. Maybe if you hadn't treated her bad since the beginning I'm sure you guys would've became good friends...she cares even though she doesn't show it often. You see, she's suffered too long to see people suffer too. She hates it, and grows upset when she knows that she can't do anything about it." I explained.

"She cares? Even after how bad I treated her?" The princess continued her voice wavering a bit.

"Only she knows her heart, princess. But I do encourage to try to get along a little better. Your home is close, and being in bad terms with someone isn't good. We might never see each other again, but it's better to leave with good terms than bad terms."

"But what about enemies? They always leave with bad terms.." she asked.

"Is Sakura your enemy?"

"...No..."

"Then that's your answer."

"You love her a lot, don't you Sasuke-kun?"

"Yes, I truly do. You see, I've always loved Sakura since we were merely kids. She was a person that would light everyone's day, despite if she felt sad or upset. She would always smile. Everyone loved her, but when certain events happened and she no longer held her spark. I promised myself to always make her happy and be right next to her no matter what."

"That sounds lovely... I wish my fiancé would be like that with me..." she said sadly.

"Fiancé?"

"Yes, My Father is forcing me to marry a man that will benefit our kingdom. My father said that If I find the man I love before my 21st birthday the arranged marriage is off. However, in the mean time I have to interact with my 'Fiancé' he isn't the sweetest man out there to say. That's why when I noticed how attentive you were to Sakura I felt jealous. I wanted what you two had, something I can never have." She confessed. "I'm sorry Sasuke-kun for how badly I've treated your team...."

"You're apologizing to the wrong person, Princess."

She remained quietly, and nodded her head. "I'll do it when she recovers." She spoke again. She isn't so bad after all, her life is complicated just like everyone else. She just doesn't know how to manage it yet.

"Sasuke Sensei, there is a cave up ahead!" Haruto exclaimed as he pointed to the  entering to a cave.

"Alright, I'll send a clone to inspect it to make sure it's safe. Haruto bring wood, Kaito you're in charge of bringing food, and Naho how is your foot doing?"