Chapter 66: Confined Freedom

Upon opening the secret lock (Y/n) had endeavored to find for the past few days, she picked up an envelope addressed to no one in particular. As she turned it around, she found a seal wax coated with - what she assumed to be - Shota's family crest. She opened it, pulling out a piece of paper. She skimmed over a large amount of writing only to raise her eyebrows in surprise. The female turned to the redhead smiling satisfied on the bed, lifting up the letter to display her bewilderment.

"What?" he asked, running his fingers through his hair, "Don't you want it?"

"That's not it," she said softly, "I'm just...shocked is all. Have you talked to the others about this? I can't imagine they'll agree."

"I can talk things over," he shrugged, "Enjoy it. It'll pass before you realize."

The girl looked back down at the letter pleasantly surprised at what Shota had promised her. After all, it was all she wanted since she'd been brought back to the house against her will. It was only a small taste of freedom, not nearly enough to satiate her craving for it but more than she had expected from any of the males. Shota stood up from the bed to walk to her, placing the key around her neck and stepping back to admire it on her form. He nodded once before placing his fingers under her chin.

"You have my heart too," he said, placing her hand on his chest, "Should you desire it."

The girl took her hand back, blushing brightly from his confession. It wasn't that she felt the same way towards him. At least, she refused to believe it. It was more of a surprise that he of all people would say such a thing to anyone. He opened the door and offered his hand to her though he wasn't shocked that she didn't take it. Instead, he smiled softly as she made her way excitedly downstairs.

The others looked at the approaching girl, some of them blushing with a very red tint when they realized her smile had reappeared. Akari stood up in his chair, his eyes shaking in confusion, but in relief that she was able to grin so purely and innocently again. His eyes trailed to the piece of paper that she held in her hands as well as the beaming redhead that followed behind her, making him narrow his eyes at the male.

The girl slammed the paper on the counter and rushed back upstairs, closing the door to her room with glee. The others looked to Shota for an explanation, but Rei, being impatient, began to read the paper (Y/n) had left for them. His teeth began to grit together and he snapped his head to the male, rage boiling in his chest.

"Why on Earth would you promise that to her?!" he shouted.

"About that," Shota replied, clearing his throat.

He sat down on the couch, the others gathering around him for an inkling of a clue about what had happened. Shota felt a renewed sense of pride, feeling superior over Rei for the first time in his life simply because of (Y/n)'s words. He held his head high, straightening his posture and looking down on the blonde.

"I granted her a small piece of freedom," he explained, making Yamato raise his eyebrow and scowl at where the conversation was headed, "It's not much, but it made her smile again. That being said, I'll need all of you to cooperate."

"Anything!" Akari said eagerly, "As long as it gets her to smile like that again!"

"Hold your horses," Yamato sighed, "We don't know what he promised her. I can't agree to anything unless I know what it is first."

Everyone but Takuya agreed with the brunette, turning their skeptical glares to the redhead who only ran his fingers through his hair. He gave a little hum at the paper Rei had crushed with his clenched fist but made no mention of it. He began to demand attention from everyone, the males hitching on his words in great curiosity and hope.