3.|The phone call|

Aria's pov :

After showering i put on my pijamas and headed to my kitchen. Feeling too tired and lazy to cook i decided to order pizza.I sat comfortably on my couch I agreed with myself to go on a james bond film series marathon.

*Aria's pijamas

Halfway through the first film, my phone started ringing i groaned cursing the person who disturbed me while eating my pizza

I watch the phone screen and found that its my mother who is disturbing me. I swiped across the screen to answer the phone.

"Hi mom, how are you??"i asked my mom.

"I'm good what about you??" She asked.

"I'm fine. So whats the reason you called??"i questioned her knowing that she would not have called without a reason. Usually we text each other to keep in touch everyday but her calling must mean only one thing.

"What can't i call my daughter to know how she is doing ?"she said.

I sighed knowing where this conversation is going.

"Mom spill it out." I said in a nonchalant tone.

" fine... "she said the feeling of defeat clear in her voice.

"So there is someone that you can meet.He lives in Newyork just like you. He took over his family buisness ,he is 27 years old . His parents and brother lives here in London his grandparents and his sister and her husband lives in italy where he is from."

"Atleast think about it, you are twenty four years old it is high time for you to settle down "she added annoyingly.

"Mom....Fine i'll meet him. Tell him i'll meet him at café au sucre tomorrow at 6 pm" i said in a voice derived of emotion.

"Really !!!" My mom squealed.

"I'll inform him.But wait how are you going to recognise each other? Oh yeah i know wear that maroon dress that gave you last time when you came to london.I'll tell him about your dress"Mom started babbling.

Before i could answer her she finished the call. Suddenly my interest in the film and pizza vanished. I turned off the tv and put the pizza in the fridge.well the good thing here is that i will have leftover pizza as breakfast tomorrow.

Knowing my mom she is surely going to make sure that i am already married by the age of 25. She swore,to get my brother married at the age of 28 and guess what?? It really happened he got married at 28.

I jumped into bed and started thinking about my life. I am content with my life. I never was the adventurous one i am someone who prefered staying at home reading books rather than going out exploring the world. I lead quite a simple life dedicating to education then focusing on my career and i am happy with it .

But one thing i always dreamt of was someone to love me selflessly. I highly doubt i will be able to find this type of love that too in an arranged marriage.

I miss that kind of selfless love since my dad's death. Indeed My mom loved me but i was more attached to my dad than my mom . He was my best friend, my hero losing him was the most difficult phase of my life.

While thinking about him silent tears
Started to fall.

Hugging my pillow to my chest i let the tears roll down,until i drifted off in a deep slumber.