The Arrival {Edited}

Elena Granger's Point Of View:

I couldn't believe we were finally going to the Granger Family Reunion again. I had pestered mum and dad to hold this at Draco Malfoy's hotel until they had agreed.

They decided to hold it at the Lionne. It was rumored to be one of the most luxurious hotels in the entire continent, not to mention ridiculously expensive.

I couldn't wait. My cousins and I were beyond excited about this trip. While we did meet up every once in a while, it wasn't the same unless it was with the family. My sister Anastasia had told me she would be announcing something this Reunion and no matter what I asked or offered or bribed, she refused to tell us. 

I was wondering if Hermione was coming this year. We had all been told that she had gone off to spend her schooling years at a fancy boarding school in Scotland. I think it was mostly because of the fact that she was adopted and Aunt Jean and Uncle Richard didn't know what to do with her. You see as kids she always had these weird stuff going around her. That one time on her birthday, she was about to blow out her candles but Anastasia blew them instead, and suddenly like the cake exploded. Like literally exploded. Or that one time Dex had taken her book and had threatened to tear it pages so his favorite toy car had somehow crashed itself on the wall. It was a bit freakish, to be honest.

 Like I didn't always find her annoying or anything but she always said no to playing with us since she was younger, much preferring to read. Like girl, studying is important but seriously, breathe in some fresh air. I had wondered over the years what had happened but we had never been close. She and Anastasia hated each other and while they could act cordial in public, they were like cats and dogs fighting in private. I mostly hung out with Bea and Mike during these functions. Contrary to what my sister believes, I don't hate her, I just think she has a bit of a superiority complex which just rubs me the wrong way. As I said, I mostly preferred to hang out with Bea and Mike, they were neutral like me. 

"Mum is Hermione coming this year?" I wondered out loud to my mum since she was the one who was organizing everything.

"Yes, darling. She just sent a letter to Stacia confirming that she would be attending."

After the long flight I had, had, I was super exhausted. All, I wanted to do was go take a hot shower and curl up in the hotel bed.

I saw my cousins Mike and Bea and practically shrieked at the sight of them. It had been ages since I last met with them. We exchanged greetings when a Mercedes-Benz pulled up the driveway and out came my Aunt Jean and Uncle Richie but no Hermione.

 My grandparents and Aunt Irinda and Uncle Kyle went and greeted us while the rest of us just stared at them.

I went up to them with Mike and Bea and inquired, "Hello Uncle Dan, hello Aunty Jean. How are you? Where's Hermione? I thought she was coming this year?" I wondered out loud

"Oh, she should be here any second," replied Aunt Jean with a knowing smile just as 2 very expensive Lamborghinis passed us. They both zipped up the street towards the VIP parking which is reserved only for the hotel owner and their guests. I wondered who would get out of the cars.

Hermione's Point of View

My son and daughter decided it was a wonderful time to argue over the floo powder. They had just returned home from Harry's place but in Aquata's excitement to pack her clothes for the trip, she had dragged her brothers in a hurry due to which she had forgotten that she had come back in her Quidditch gear instead of her normal clothes. Scorp surprisingly hadn't minded the fact that she had dragged them away in their sports gear but Caelum hadn't appreciated it and was determined not to allow her to return back to the Potter Manor. For the past 20 minutes, they had been fighting over the floo powder while my godparents watched with amusement and I could see my daughter losing her patience. Something happened and within a second the floo powder pot flew out the window.