"I think it's too late for that"

Unedited*

       Jenna suffocated me in a hug as soon as she opened the door to her and Will's house. My head peaked over her shoulder to see Will was sitting at their dining room table, drinking coffee and typing something on his laptop.

    When she let me go, I walked into the house and sat Paul's carrier down; closing the door behind me.

Every room in the house was painted a light gray with a white trim which complemented the dark hardwood floors, except Will's office.

    Let me just say that it didn't go very well with Will when he found out Jenna and I painted his office bright pink because we were both very drunk. He got mad and made us paint the room back to gray while we both had hangovers.

    It sucked ass and he just stood there laughing at us! The office is back to normal now, but I will never forget that day and the fact that Jenna doused Will in the leftover paint we had for him just standing there.

   I sat down in front of Will at their table while Jenna went to make me a cup of coffee. Will was typing away at his laptop while a piece of toast sat, uneaten, beside him. My stomach grumbled silently looking at it.

   I reached across the table and snatched the breakfast food. Will looked up surprised and confused as he watched me shove the piece of toast.

  "Hey!" he yelled out as Jenna walked in with my cup of coffee.

   "What's going on?" Jenna questioned, setting down my cup of coffee.

  "She just stole my breakfast!" He pointed to me and closed his laptop. Jenna put her hand on his back to calm him down. I washed down my throat with the coffee, my eyes peeking behind the rim of the mug.

  "Leave her alone! She's pregnant, so just make yourself another one," she said to him. He glared at her, but eventually his face softened. He got up and disappeared into the kitchen.

"He wasn't going to eat it," I mumbled.

  "Yeah I know. He never does," she told me. I took another sip of my coffee and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was super early and I was super exhausted. Will walked back in with two cups of coffee and a plate with toast on it.

  "Lucy, don't even think about eating my food," he told me, sitting down beside Jenna. He handed Jenna one of the cups he was holding and she mumbled thanks to him. He slid his laptop over to him and started typing again.

  "So Lucy," Jenna set her coffee down, "What's up with you and Harrison?"

  I groaned, "I don't want to talk about him."

  "Fine," she huffed, "Have you even told him that you crazy ex-boyfriend broke into your apartment and tried to murder you?"

  I gave her a dumbfounded look, "You're aware that it happened three hours ago, and that I am not obligated to tell him everything."

   I scooted the chair outwards and stood up, "I'm going to the guest room so I can sleep." Jenna's lips rolled in and she stared at me.

  "Ok," she said, "I'll be at work, but Will is staying home today." I nodded and walked myself to the guest bedroom. I heard Jenna yell out I love you to me as I disappeared from the dining room.

The guest bedroom was my favorite room in their house. It was colorful, yet sophisticated. The walls were the same gray with the dark hardwood floors, but the furniture was so colorful.

   The bed was dressed in a sunflower yellow with pale pink pillows. Jenna told me that this was the only room that had this much color, besides her closet.