Chapter 41: Fool's Gold

Yeah I know your love's not real
That's not the way it feels
That's not the way you feel

"What? A game?"

The confusion on Blake's face is too obvious not to notice. I just finished telling her about how I got together with Harry again and from the look on her face she doesn't approve any of it.

"Hush! Not too loud." I hissed.

She was standing beside where my TV was mounted and I was afraid that Harry might hear her as he was sleeping in the living room.

Blake walked towards on the bed where I was sitting and sat beside me.

"I kinda thought why not do what he did," I tell her shrugging my shoulder

She shook her head in disappointment, "Taylor, I don't like where this is going," she said after a while. "I have a huge feeling this is not going to end well for you," she was concerned.

Giving her a slight smile, "It's gonna be fine," I assured her as I reached for her hand. "There is nothing for you to be worried about me, I am not the same Taylor I was back then, he doesn't have any effect on me." I had to swallow hard just so I can say those words loud enough for her to hear.

She stared at me with so much concern and worry in her eyes, "Can I be honest?" she asks and I gave her a slight nod. "With the way you treat each other, I don't see that you're in a game,"

"'Cause I'm such a great actress," I joked.

Shaking her head she mumbled, "I see two individuals madly in love with each other,"

I was stunned and was left speechless, "Taylor, I am your bestfriend and I saw how broken hearted you were but if you want to forgive and move passed what happened in high school, you should."

"No!" I said in my defense. "I am never forgiving him nor forgetting everything, I can't" I whispered in gritted teeth.

Nodding slightly on me, Blake pulled me on a tight hug, "you should rest, goodnight!"

Watching her walked out of my room, I settled myself on my bed. Her words are still circling around my mind. I see two individuals madly in love with each other. Those were her exact words. You can't Taylor! You just can't! I scolded myself.

I had no idea what time I found my slumber last night as my brain kept on wondering about what Blake said and now I don't know how to approach Harry in a way that Blake will not see two individuals madly i love with each other.

The digital clock on my nightstand says it's six in the morning, turning the alarm off, I reached for my phone. For a week I have disabled the email application on my phone but I have to activate it today as I am reporting for work today.

After taking a quick shower I put on a black long sleeves dress that flows up to my knees, pairing it with my black stilettos. Once I was done putting just a light make up - I don't understand why I couldn't find the mood to be fabulous today. Is it because of what Blake said again?

Harry was busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen when I walked in. His hair is still wet, obviously he just showered. We have another bathroom behind the kitchen aside from the ones we have in our respective rooms.