Fifty Seven

I saw Tia being helped down the stairs by Thomas and Dave. They both were giving me sad smiles. Jess and Rose was right behind them. I saw Jess start to cry she must have seen the blood. Fuck imma have to buy new furniture now.

"What the fuck were you thinking? You can't always be a superhero. You have a family to think about and I'm not just talking about me. I'm talking about everyone here. You don't have to do things by yourself anymore." Tia said as she sat down next to me.

"I know but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to one of yall. I don't want anyone hurt or killed because of something based in my past." I said with my head down.

"You are my daughter Alex. I will always have your back no matter what. Your past is not your fault. I love you." Dave said to me.

"I know but I will never put anyone I love in danger."

Jess just came over and gave me a motherly hug. I needed it. Everyone didn't seem to get it. But through this hug I knew she did.

"I love you Alex. I'm happy your back safe even though your hurt, you still came back and that is what really counts."

Everyone was quiet after that. I think they finally realize why I did it. Then there was a knock at the door. Steve went to get it. Luckily it was just Anika and Erica with their kits. Everyone seem to relax.

"Damn Alex you got fucked up didn't you? Anika said. I laughed and so did everyone else. Anika had a way of defusing any situation and for that I loved her.

"Well Anika at least I look better then you on a good day." I said smirking

"Ok Daddy imma let you have that one."

"Watch it gurl that's mine." Tia said

"Gurl I'm just fucking wit you. It's funny to see you jealous."

Erica was already looking at the wound on my shoulder.

"Imma need for this shirt to go. Then those pants as well." She said going in her kit

Anika grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the shirt off of me. I told them I would take off the pants once they were done. Tia was showing a lot of jealousy.

"Now back to you. Alex I'm about to become your wife and mother of your children. You gotta stop leaving me in the dark. I know you are trying to protect me but we are supposed to have no secrets. I love you so damn much it hurts to think about you getting hurt. You are not allowed to leave this house for the next two weeks. You need to spend time with your family and you need to make it up to me."

"Yes my queen. I'm sorry for making you worry."

She gave me a kiss which I was more then happy to get and return. Someone cleared their throat and we pulled away.

"Sorry to break this up but she actually needs to go get a cast put on. I'm not a orthopedic doctor."

"Yea I figured as much. But once that is done no leaving for two weeks."

All I did was nod my head. I knew there was arguing with her. Steve put me in the car and took me to the hospital.

Tia's POV

After Alex left to the hospital I was taken back upstairs to our room. Anika stayed with me. She seemed like something was bothering her.

"Anika are you ok? You know can tell me anything right?"

"Yea I just don't want you to look at me differently."

"Ok how about you come over here and sit down and talk to me." I said