Ch33 - "Isn't it your idea?"

A new chapter is here! Please enjoy....

*****************************
Adventurer Guild.

Afternoon came. Hiiragi finally ended his quests streak with a tired sigh. He put his final quest form and completion proof on the counter which Sarah was attending.

"Here. Please confirm it."

"I understand....please, please wait for a moment and take a rest...."

Sarah, with a listless look, emphasized the word 'wait' and 'rest' in her sentence. She went into the staff room with the completion proof and returned after a few minutes.

".... congratulations, you have completed Rank C quest. Subjugation of the 50 Black Wolves in the Vike Forest. Here is your reward..."

"Thank you....by the way, how many quests left for us to ascend to Rank C?"

Hiiragi asked with a little hope in his eyes. He surely hoped that it would not take much left since he was very tired from raising his and Sylvie's rank by a few ranks.

Sarah, who was exhausted mentally from his unbelievable actions, answered reluctantly.

"You only require five more Rank C quests, or some other quests which are equivalent to that. For example, 10 Rank D quests or tens of the ranks below them. However, I advise you to rest for today. If you do some more, you would stealing other adventurers' jobs. Therefore, it will be better for you to spend some of your rewards today in you free time."

Sarah advised him. Although it might be beneficial for him to do many quests, it would affect other adventurers' works if he were to do more. Since adventurers' money depended on their jobs,if they did not have any to do, it means they would no be able to buy their daily needs.

"No problem. That's exactly what I want to do."

"Is that so. Then, please enjoy yourself."

Sarah said with a silent sigh.

Sylvie who was waiting for him, stood up and walked to him while asking him a question.

"Hiiragi, why are you raising our ranks like crazy?"

"Because I need to make a name of our party. A name that will be known to the whole city."

"Huh, why?"

"To meet and negotiate with the noble who governs this city. I need to do that to ensure the safety of the orphanage."

Hiiragi explained while they walked out of the guild. Sylvie listened with a focused expression.

So, what Hiiragi planned was if long story short, be popular, arrange a meeting with the noble, make a contract to protect the orphanage and that's settled.

If one was to explain in detail...

"By raising our ranks multiple times in a day, rumours will be created. Those rumours will certainly reach the noble's ear and after gaining enough reputation, I will try to meet the noble to negotiate with him regarding the orphanage. Whether I will succeed or not doesn't matter since I have another plan for that. If my plan is successful, then we can rest easy since the orphanage will be safer."

"....how did you get such idea?"

"Eh?"

"What?"

Hiiragi looked at Sylvie with surprised expression while she did the same.

"Isn't it your idea?"

"What, when did I say that?"

"Well, didn't you suggest it last night?"