Chapter 28: No time for mourning

My legs were still trembling when I walked towards my room. The dark of the night didn't make the journey easier, but it did hide me from the patrols around the castle. When I rounded the corner and came face to face with Sir Paul, he swallowed loudly and stepped aside so that I could pass through. "Has there been anyone here to visit me?" I questioned as I opened the door and lowered the hood covering my face.

"No, your majesty, it's been quiet." He clenched his jaw and looked away. His cheeks lightly reddened as he shuffled uncomfortably. 

"Paul, listen." I sighed, feeling quilty. After all, confidentiallity was one of the most important parts of the role of a doctor. After using his condition against him, I couldn't help but feel like I betrayed him even though he was kind of a douche. "I would never tell anyone about anything you come to me for, you know that right?" 

Paul softly chuckled and finally dared to meet my eyes again. "Not even for those jedi?" His back straightened as I nodded and looked down.  "Desperate times, princess. I don't blame you."

"Just.. Keep it in mind, okay?" I awkwardly patted his shoulder and entered my room. When I shrugged off the hood my head was bombarded with different emotions, feelings and thoughts about one certain jedi. I sighed deeply and plumbed down onto my bed, removing some of the the cushions that were supposed to be representing me.

"What the hell am I doing?" I groaned loudly, hiding my face in my hands when it burned up and probably turned red. I fell on my back and stared up at the ceiling, a phantom sensation still left on my lips. My fingers reached up to them, slightly tracing the places he'd touched before.

When I closed my eyes I could almost picture him before me, the way the moon cast warm shadows on his soft features, the small smile he gave me when I showed him my powers. My stomach was doing flips when my mind went back to that moment and remembered the confidence he suddenly showed. Where it came from I had no idea, or rather I just couldn't think rationally.

All I knew was that I was in serious trouble. I was in way too deep, having the feeling I was drowning on the bottom of the ocean. A beautiful ocean, but terrifying nonetheless. There was one thing for certain: when it came to Obi-Wan, I had lost all control and rationality.

Suddenly I heard two knocks on my door, making me sit upright immediately. "Come in!" I said quickly and readjusted my hair, watching expectingly as the wooden door slowly opened.

"Princess?" I recognized one of Aidan's servants as he hesitantly stepped inside my room. He had slick black hair that was combed neatly away from his face, revealing his ocean blue eyes that seemed to look through everything. He glanced towards the cushions that were still positioned in a oddly shape under the covers and then towards me, his eyebrows slightly raising when I awkwardly tried to hide it from view.

"The king has summoned you." His eyes stuck to the redness of my cheeks. He scoffed and then motioned for me to follow him without even waiting for a response.

"Wait, hold on." my feet touched the ground as I stood up. The suddenness of this request left me dumbfounded. "What if I refuse to come?" I crossed my arms before my chest and glared at the man who was so obviously judging everything I did.

"Are you sure you want to infuriate the king even further?" he lifted his eyebrows.

"Well, I..." all of the smart ass comments I ussualy had stored in my head seemed to have completely disappeared in an instance. The bluntness of the servant had caught me off guard, so much that I couldn't even form normal sentences and stood there with my mouth wide open.

"After you, your majesty." he motioned to the door and stepped asside. Somehow I couldn't find it in me to fight against him, even if he was just a servant. With the way he looked at me I just didn't want to emberass myself even further, afraid I'd loose all my self respect. Huffing in frustration I followed him. He led me through the dark, quiet halls in a way too awkward silence. His steps were confident and there was a smug smirk on his lips that I just wanted to punch off.