Chapter 3

Please let me know if there is any grammar or spelling error.

The first thing that Ed and his friends did when they got to their destination was to empty their stomach of its contents. It was even more excruciating for Al since his body was not used to all the sensations yet. He leaned heavily on his cane that helped him keep his balance.

"It gets some taking used to" said Dumbledore.

"No joke! What the hell was that?"

"That was a portkey. It is a magical object enchanted to instantly bring anyone touching it to a specific location. You will learn all about it in your studies."

It was then that Ed noticed his surroundings. All around him were stores that you wouldn't find in an ordinary place. There were places to buy potions ingredients, spell books and other wizarding books, magical animals and owls, wizarding clothes, and many other places.

There was also a huge bank in the distance. Ed looked down at the ground and saw that it was cobblestone. Everywhere he looked he could see things that could not be explained rationally.

It was all very magical.

Ed absolutely hated it.

"What is this place?" Winry asked in wonder.

Dumbledore had an amused smile on his face. It has been very long since he has come here and to see young ones awestruck expression was always a joy for him.

"Diagon Alley"

"Diagonally? What's diagonally? Everything looks pretty straight here."

"Diagon Alley is the name of this place. It is a shopping area located in London . All items on the Hogwarts supply list can be bought at here."

"Great, even the places have cuckoo names"

"Ed!"

They continue on through the shopping alley, Al and Winry looking at everything that caught his eye while Ed continue to sulk. He looked up and saw a snow-white, marble building up ahead.

"First, we must go to Gringotts, that's the wizarding bank, to get your money converted to our money," instructed Dumbledore "then we can get everything you will need for your studies."

Ed didn't say anything else. The trio and Dumbledore went on their way to Gringotts. It only took a few moments considering the amount of people that were there. When they got up the set of white stairs leading up to a set of burnished bronze doors the Elric brothers froze. There guarding the doors was a chimera with bald head, pointed nose, and pointed ears.

"Brother is that-"

"I think so Al, but we don't know unless we ask" Ed interrupted before Al could continue the thought. The creature did look like a chimera but no one seemed bothered by it. If Ed was the same as a few years ago he would have been demanding answers from the headmaster but he know nothing about the wizarding world so he couldn't be sure.

"What are they?" asked Winry.

"They are Goblins," said Dumbledore. "They're very smart, but they're not to be fully trusted."

They continue on into a small entrance hall and another set of silver doors. Engraved on those doors were the words:

Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn,
So if you seek beneath our floors
A treasure that was never yours,
Thief, you have been warned, beware
Of finding more than treasure there.