𝐗𝐈𝐈. INITIATION

CHAPTER TWELVEINITIATION

CHAPTER TWELVE
INITIATION

§ § §

"First Hogsmeade trip of the year, let's go! Woo-hoo!" I shouted into the snowy courtyard. I turned and saw Draco and Eli following behind me. Draco rolled his eyes and Eli yawned. "Oh, come on! It's going to be so much fun!" I exclaimed. I ran back to them, and kissed Draco's cheek before jumping onto Eli's back.

"What are you? Five?" He smirked.

"If you take the teen out of fifteen... yes." I grinned. 

"Alright then, let's go!" Eli yelled, before running out of the courtyard and down the path that took us to the village. "Keep up, ferret!" He called over his shoulder to Draco, and I laughed.

Eli slowed down to a walk so Draco could keep up as we made our way down the path. I stayed on Eli's back the whole time, my arms wrapped around his neck.

"How's teaching the first years how to fly coming along?" I asked the older boy.

"Bloody awful!" Eli starts bitching, like always. "I swear to Merlin they don't hear a bloody word that comes out of my mouth! It's like trying to teach a giant how to walk! Which isn't easy," he added.

"I'm sorry for your troubles," I say sarcastically.

"No you're damned not." Eli grumbles.

"Do you see potential in any of them, though?" Draco asked. I raised an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was being a little nice. "Because I don't." He shrugged. Ah, there he was.

"Not really. The last time anyone saw true quidditch player potential in a kid was these two." Eli shifted me on his back, signaling he was talking about Harry and I.

"Well, I am going to be a world famous quidditch player one day." I smirked.

"Still?" Draco looked up at me. "That's still what you want to be?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "Why?"

"Well, I don't know. I just thought you'd might like to be an Auror. You're pretty good at fighting." He explained.

"I'm fifteen and I've had enough fighting for a lifetime. I'd like to do something that brings me only joy- not stress." I explained, and Draco nodded.

The second we entered the village, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were there waiting for us. Well, waiting for me.

"Giovanna, could we borrow you? For a few hours?" Hermione asked. I knew better than to ask why- she wasn't going to explain in front of Draco and Eli.

Eli dropped me to my feet. "Right now? Does it have to be right now?" I asked, and all three of them nodded. "Oh, alright." I turned to my Slytherin friends. "Bye, guys. See you later."