chapter 6

Hey guys so, I am so sorry for not updating. I'm not going to go into too much detail but let's just say that I've been through some personal stuff. Now I'm not making any promises on any monthly updates or anything but I'll try and get this story finished.

Kion's pov

'Sleep in for the morning'. Heh yeah no. Every time I closed my eyes I could see Muuaji's eyes. They were so full of anger and strength. I sighed and got up stretching as I did.

I then started to walk the borders. I know that the king of these lands do that but my mate and cubs are here, so for their safety I can take an hour or two out of my time.

As I walked I kept getting flashbacks to when I patrolled with the Guard. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up from behind me. I walked around a tree and crouched down hiding until their the footsteps got close.

I jumped out and tackled the figure. I looked down and was shocked to see my sister.

"Why are you following me?" I questioned after jumping off her. She stood back up and stood tall.

"I'm the future queen of the Pridelands. I should be asking you what you are doing out here" she said. I gave her a chuckle and began walking again.

"Don't mean I gotta answer" I said. She jumped in front of me again now with a mad expression.

"As princess of the Pridelands, I demand to know what you're doing out here" she said in a now official voice. I smiled and bowed to her.

"But of course, your majesty. I was doing my own patrol around your lands to insure the safety of my pride and my family. If I had crossed any boundaries, please accept my apology and if so me and my pride will leave your lands at once" I said. I knew she wouldn't kick us out. And I made a promise so I couldn't just leave anyway.

"What? No Kion, don't go" she said in a apologetic voice. I laughed and walked around continuing patrol. She padded up next to me and smiled.

"What?" I said annoyed. Her smile only grew wider.

"Well the laws of the Pridelands state that I cannot stop another king from patrolling if he wants to. But he can only patrol if he is accompanied by a member of the royal family. Me" she said. I shook my head and continued walking.

"If you can't keep up, you'll be left behind" I said. The next few minutes were silent until she spoke up again.

"So um, how'd you get that scar?" She asked.

"Something sharp" I said looking into the Outlands. She scoffed as I smiled. I knew that I should be nicer to her, but we're siblings after all.

"How's the Guard?" I asked looking at her. She looked at me shocked for a few seconds before she cleared her throat.

"Uh, they're good. Ono and Anga help out Zazu every now and then. Beshte controls his dad's float now. Bunga still hanging out with Timon and Pumba. And Fuli keeps to herself most of the time" she listed off before looking at me.

"You know they were all really sad when you left" she said. I let out a chuckle.

"Yeah? Good" I said. I heard her gasp and looked over at her. "What? A lifetime of friendship and they don't even believe me when I say I'm innocent" I said.

"Kion. We found you on the scene, there was no other scent we-" I stopped walking and stared at her.

"There was hyena scent, you guys just had to look harder. Plus let's be honest, the second born, if he is male, is always exiled from the pride. Whether it's on their own or by the king. Simba just needed an excuse to kick me out" I said. She tried to stare back with a hard glare, but I could see the fear in her eyes.