Chapter 07

A week into the term and Jenna was working with her Quidditch team tiresomely, booking the pitch for practicing at least three times a week.

Marlene was most unlike her confident and bold self in the field. But Jenna knew Marlene's potentials and therefore knew better than to go easy on the new chaser.

"BLACK!" Jenna barked as she saw Sirius flying near the stands, flirting with a Ravenclaw girl who was sitting there watching.

Frowning in fury, Jenna flew where Sirius was floating in the air. "If I'm not interrupting," Jenna started in a flat voice, glaring sideways at the Ravenclaw girl, "would you kindly fly down with me for a second, Mr. Black?"

"Alright, since you asked nicely," said Sirius, and winking at the giggling girl, he flew down with Jenna. "Yes, kitten?"

"Don't call me kitten!" Jenna replied sharply, yet that did not manage to vanish Sirius's playful grin. "What were you doing with that Ravenclaw girl? She could be a spy!"

"Her?" Sirius snorted. "Nah. I asked her out to Hogsmeade just a few hours ago for tomorrow. So she decided to come and cheer me on during this practice. Wasn't it nice of her?" He pouted.

Jenna rolled her eyes. "What's her name anyway? I might have to go find out if she's friends with any of their team's players."

"I told you, you don't have to worry about her. Her name's Sarah."

"Sarah what?"

Sirius frowned, thinking hardly. "Uh..."

"You make me sick, Black." Jenna shook her head in disappointment before shooting back into the air, yelling, "Get back to practicing!"

***

A flood of excitement had washed through Hogwarts as their first Hogsmeade trip of the term arrived.

Lily, Marlene, and Jenna were getting ready in their dorm, excited for their girls-day-out.

"Where's Alice?" Jenna asked, turning her blue hair into a bun as she stood before the mirror.

Although before anyone could answer her, the door to their dorm opened and Alice came in, looking more flushed than ever.

"What's up, Al?" Lily questioned gently.

Alice was blushing so hard that even Marlene and Jenna were now looking at her curiously.

"Al, are you alright?" Jenna asked when Alice didn't say anything.

But then, blushing even more if possible, she nodded. "Frank just asked me out."

Marlene dropped her bag, Lily gasped, and Jenna's hair turned automatically orange in excitement.

"Frank? Frank Longbottom?" said Lily excitedly.

"That seventh year Gryffindor boy?" Marlene continued.

Alice nodded shyly again, looking as red as a tomato.

"Alice, you dog!" Jenna smirked, messing up her short hair.

Lily smacked Jenna on the arm and then turned to Alice with a bright smile, "When did it happen!? You have to tell us everything!"

"Well... I-I was just downstairs, walking up to our dorms and then I heard someone calling my name," she explained with a goofy smile. "And when I turned I saw him. I recognized him from last year. He was always in the library, sitting a few tables away from wherever I sat. And now he asked me if I wanted to go to Hogsmeade with him today."

"Al, that's amazing!" said Lily.

"Yeah," Alice shrugged. "But I don't think I'm going."

"WHAT!?" they all exclaimed together.

"Why not?" Lily asked, slightly worried.

"Well... you know... It's Hogsmeade. It's our thing. We always go there together, just us girls. It's like a tradition!"

"Tradition?" Marlene scoffed. "What tradition? Al, we only go there together because none of us has never been asked on a date."

"Well," Jenna started, grinning at Lily's direction, "for the record, that's not completely true."

"Potter doesn't count," Lily snapped. "If it did, then Black would count for Jenna too. Besides, a lot of boys want to ask Jenna out. It's not her fault that they're too scared that James would beat them up!"

"Black's story was different!" Jenna replied sharply. "It was second year! He didn't like me, so it doesn't count! That stupid git," she muttered the last bit grimly. "Besides, James asks you every – single – day."

"Look, Al," Lily turned to Alice, ignoring Jenna, "if you really want to go, then you should. Just go and have fun! True, it's not gonna be the same without you. But if you're happy, we're happy too."

***

"Ah, fresh air!" Jenna breathed in heavily, letting it out with a smile.

"Jen, you say that as if you've been locked up for twelve years. You never stay inside the castle if you can help it."  Lily said with an eye-roll. "Anyway, where should we go first?"

But before anyone could even get the chance to suggest something, they spotted Marlene walking towards Honeydukes Sweetshop. Shrugging, Lily and Jenna followed her.

The place was packed up with shelves after shelves of sweets and candies of all colors and tastes. It was what Marlene's wildest dreams must've looked like inside her head, Jenna claimed.

After that, they went straightly to Zonko's joke shop under Jenna's request, and so she emptied all her money bag, buying everything she could get her hands on.

"Oh, I could kill for a butterbeer now." Marlene groaned.

"Then let's go to Three Broomsticks." said Lily. "Alice and Frank must be there too."

"Mhmm." Jenna wiggled her eyebrows teasingly, causing Lily and Marlene to break down into giggles.

When they got to the The Three Broomsticks, they chose a seat as far away from Frank and Alice as possible, knowing all too well that Alice could get uncomfortable and wanted to give them some space.

"I'll get the drinks," said Jenna, standing off the table and walking towards the counter.

"Hello, deary," Madam Rosmerta welcomed her with a smile. "What can I get you?"

"Three butterbeers, please." Jenna appealed politely, putting the money on the counter.

"Coming right up."

     Jenna was waiting by the counter, but a voice suddenly said behind her, "Hello, Kitten."