5.2

*unedited*

The man before him looked at him as if he was a nuisance. And based on what Sun Hui knew, the feeling was mutual. He may have saved him now, after so many cries, but in the original plot Lotus had cried out once before giving up. The man was still there at the time, but he had ignored that first cry of help and the situation in entirety, leaving him to originally die. And now that he had saved him this time, he seemed annoyed as if Sun Hui had wasted his time.

Some guard! Aren't they supposed to separate fights as much as they can? This whole jail system is flawed! Where are the rights we have? Sun Hui hated being thrown into social and civil inequality worlds.

According to his memory, this man was the head warden and guard. Ultimately, he was the boss of everyone around here.

If he's bad at his job, what does that make his employees? Sun Hui wrinkled his nose.

"Thank you," Sun Hui forced out. His throat was scratchy and he could still feel the hands around his neck. He shivered. He didn't want to say thank you, but he was grateful and autistic. In Lotus' case, he found it hard to see the bad intentions of people. He was easy and too trusting, which made him an easy victim of his awful ex and extremely friendly to even the most awful of people in the jail. But deep down, he was miserable. He wasn't dumb either, and knew his situation...he just tried to be overly positive. It's why he did what he did to survive, in hopes he could live to get out of jail. But apparently, that doesn't change the fact he thinks everyone is a good person despite the clear, obvious signs. It's like the guy knows what's illegal but not at the same time. Sheesh.

Sun Hui had nothing against Autism, it's just the Autistic people in plots seemed to get the worst of it all. Usually for him, that meant the world was a top tier level and wouldn't be easy to accomplish. What are even the wishes, anyway?

"You do realize that in any other situation, no one would look like twice at you? We don't have time to be bothered by every single inmate that gets in a fight. If one dies because of it, it's just one less," the man sneered.

"Then you're not doing a good job," Sun Hui couldn't hold himself back. "Whether we committed a crime or not, we shouldn't be held against that. Our lives matter, too. Not all of us are even here because of something we did, but rather something we were accused of. It doesn't matter if we were already on death row and were a prisoner for life, we shouldn't be left to die just because of injustice and bias towards who we are. Regardless, thank you for allowing me to live. Though, I don't mean it completely. You don't deserve full gratitude for waiting that long and then showing disdain for your, dare I say, heroic action."

The man just stared at him, long and hard. Sun Hui shifted uncomfortably under his intense gray gaze.

"I'll head back, now," he said quietly, wanting to leave. Maybe he didn't believe what he said or he was taking it to heart, Sun Hui didn't care and wanted him to stop looking at him like that. It made him feel exposed and naked.

As he went up to leave, the man grabbed hold of his wrist. The grip was tight.

"Wait."

What now? I need to look at the plot and find out Yang Bo's wishes so I can finish this world as quickly and safely as possible to find my friends and husband! Now you're wasting my time!