Chapter 22

After an hour, one by one, the champions started to resurface. First to show up, was Cedric and Cho.

     "Stupid git," I heard Fred mutter grimly.

     Then it was krum and Hermione, and at last Harry resurfaced with Ron and Fleur's little sister.

     After Madam Pomfrey had attended to the champions and the judges had reached a decision, Ludo Bagman's magically magnified voice boomed out beside them, making us all jump, and causing the crowd in the stands to go very quiet.

     "Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached our decision. Merchief- tainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we have therefore decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions, as follows..."

     And so, they gave Cedric first place, Harry second, Krum third, and Fleur came last.

     When we were returning back to the shore, I spotted Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle in the boat next to ours.

I looked at Draco and shook my head with a smirk, remembering how silly I was to have a crush on his character when I used to read the books.

But now all I really wanted to do was to beat him up with my heavy copy of A History Of Magic whenever he made fun of the Weasleys.

"What are you grinning at Malfoy for?" Fred said, having followed my gaze which was fixed on Draco.

"Nothing," I shook my head, snapping back to reality.

***

That night I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I was feeling homesick. I missed my parents, my friends, and even my stupid excuse for the school.

I didn't want to return there, of course. But the thought that I was in a complete different timeline, cut off completely from my old life, made me shudder.

How long was I supposed to stay here? And worst of all, whenever the time came for my return, could I really leave all this behind?

I couldn't stay here forever, because God knew what my parents were going through just right then, as I laid down on bed. Had they called the police? Were there missing posters of me hanging on my school walls?

I was drown in my messed up thoughts, but I was drawn back from my daze as I heard a noise from behind our dorm's window.

Standing up, I saw an owl behind it, hooting with a note tied to its leg.

It must be from Dumbledore, I thought to myself, opening the window and letting the owl inside.

When I freed him of the note, the owl hooted and flew away. I opened the note which said,

Meet us in the common room. Come quick.

I grinned to myself, knowing exactly who it was from. Not caring to change my pajamas, I just wore my shoes and exited the dormitory, going downstairs.

As I had presumed, there I saw Fred and George, also in their pajamas, looking as mysterious as ever.

"What's up?" I asked, walking towards them in the common room.

"It's game time!" George smirked, rubbing his hands together mischievously.

"Alright," A wave of excitement rushing through me, I nodded in delight. "Just let me go and change–"