Chapter 7

*Unedited and short*

Chapter 7

"Dana?" He walked towards the couch and crouched in front of her. Then he proceeded to take her hands in his. "Are you being bothered by someone? You can tell me. I know people. I can make this person disappear in a snap of fingers. Just tell me." He looked at her sincerely. "Trust me."

A moment later, she spoke. "His name is William. I know him from when I used to live in Connecticut. He's the reason I left." She explained.

"Was he the cab driver from today?" He asked, getting up so he could sit beside her.

Dana shook her head. "I have never seen that guy before. But I feel like he was one of William's guys."

"William's 'guys'? What is this? Like a gang or something?" He joked to ease off the tensed look on her face.

Instead, Dana looked at him seriously. "No. It's worse. William Dawson's brothers, Andrew and Garry Dawson are big time criminals."

Ethan's eyes widened. "The Dawson brothers? Shit Dana. How do you know such dangerous people?"

"Courtesy of back luck I suppose." She shrugged, looking down at her hands which were folded in her lap.

"And why is this guy after you?"

She took a breath and exhaled loudly. "We used to date."

"You and William Dawson?" He looked at her ridiculously. "Are you serious?" When Dana nodded, Ethan raised his eyebrows in pure disbelief and started shaking his head. "What the hell is wrong with you, Dana? How could even be in contact with a dangerous criminal like him let alone date him? I mean...shit. This is bad. This is really bad. What happened between you too? Why is he here? Wait, are you still dating that fucker? Is that why he is here?" He asked angrily.

"No. I'm not dating him right now, Ethan." She gave him an annoyed look. "I left when I realized who he was."

"So you didn't know about him when you guys got together?"

Dana shook her head.

"How did you guys meet?"

"It's a long story..." She trailed off. Her mind didn't want to go back in the past.

"I have time." He insisted. "How do you know him?"

"I met him when I was a senior in college. I worked as a tour guide on campus. He was in the group I was once giving a tour. I found him waiting for me after my shift. He asked me if I wanted to grab some coffee. I couldn't say no." She explained.

Ethan frowned. "And so you eventually started dating him, without really knowing who he is?"

She gave him a slight nod.

"How did you guys break up?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say it ended badly."

"How badly?" He pried.

"I said I don't want to talk about it, okay? Jake knows everything. He is helping me stay safe."

"Yeah and I saw tonight how that is going." He snorted. "If I wasn't there, God knows where you must have been right now. Do you understand how serious this is?"

"I understand that better than you do." She said quietly. "I have a restraining order against him."

"That's obviously not stopping him." He pointed out.

"Then what do you suggest, Mr. Know-it-all?" She was sarcastic and irritated.

"First off, who is Jake trying to take care of this 'issue'?"