Last months

Christmas passed, along with winter. And then new years eve passed. Meanwhile, the ship was slowly taking shape.

"Should be six months before we sail out." Senku said, as you were both chilling together at his place late at night.
"Man..." you stared at the ceiling as you improvised on your kalimba (which you built in between chapters). "How long have we been here? Feels like forever!"
"We spent a year here. You've been out of the stone for like a year and a half, and for me it's been three." he paused. "But I get you, three years is a long time-" he yawned.
And because he began to yawn as he was talking, it cracked his voice and you burst out laughing.
"You're getting emotional there buddy?!"
He laughed along.

Valentine's day! Chocolates were being mass-produced and they were a banger! Ryusui bought a whole pyramid and offered one to every girl in the Kingdom. Senku gave you one of course an you were so happy about that. Unfortunately you didn't have time to make or buy him one.
"I do have a surprise though!" you said with a smile.
He frowned, confused, and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't scared.

But it all was made clear this night at the Valentine's day dinner party. Lots of tables for couples and friends. Music-wise, it was ballads all the way, you kept it simple, acoustic style. You were glad that Vee's exercises paid off, now your voices really complimented each-other.
Nothing out of the ordinary for a while, and then the pièce de résistance came up.

['Oh, the moon!' acoustic version - AJ Abdullah & Going Spaceward]

Senku noticed you kept glancing at him with a bigger smile, he figured this was the surprise but he didn't understand what the big deal was. Maybe because the song was moon-themed? And then, you sang solo, and his eyes widen.
This was your song.
Seeing the look on his face just made you smile more. People might of course think it was a 'this one's for you' moment, but Senku knew you two were the only one to know the full story here. And his heart skipped a beat at that knowledge.

When it was time for you break, you joined him for dinner and gave him a peck on the lips before sitting across from him. You looked so happy, with your head resting on the palm of your hands. Senku smiled.
It was just wholesome-central at your table.
By the way, no one overreacted to that kiss, to you delight.

During this year, as mentioned before, you built some other instruments. You completed the wind section and the percussion, the great achievements here were the accordion and the vibraphone. All that was missing was the strings, and now that it was butterfly season again, it was time to head out for them bugs! And this time, coincidentally, the ship-building team also needed silk, so the expedition only grew larger, which was great because now you could cover more ground! Plus it was a lot of fun!

"Oh my god~!" Senku placed his hands on his cheeks, overreacting of course.
"What?" you asked.
"(Y/n) look!" he pointed at a tree branch. "It's your boy!"
"My bo-? Oh god no!" you looked at the branch and quickly turned away.
Senku cackled loudly. On the tree branch was none other than that one silk moth you both met on your first expedition. You recognized him by the specific pattern on his wings.
"You know this moth (Y/n)?" Taiju asked.
"I hope I didn't!"
"Oh come on~!" Senku placed a hand on your shoulder.

You looked at him but shrieked and backed off, nearly tripping when you saw the insect now on his arm, which he drew closer to your face.
"DUDE FUCK OFF!"
He laughed loudly and poked the moth for funsies before putting him back on the tree.
"When I give you a kiss tonight it's gonna be an angry one!" you exclaimed.
Senku's smile dropped as Gen laughed.

"What modern day food would you want to be back?" Gen asked during lunch break.
"I'm good with chocolate." you said.
"Now that we have wheat, we can have regular ramen, so I'm good with that too." Senku shrugged.
"Pizza!" Taiju exclaimed.
"Well all we're missing for that is tomatoes." Gen said. "We'll have to work on that later."