Secrets Behind Closed Doors

Percy

I was walking back in an extremely dark place, with a terrible smell that lingered. I immediately recognized it as Tartarus. I kept walking around, until I heard a soft thud.

I turned to see a blonde girl who had fallen over beside me. She was in tattered clothes and had blood all over here.

"Annabeth!" I exclaimed running to check on her. I checked her pulse to see that she was still breathing but unconscious.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

I picked her bridal style using what energy I could muster. We had been down here for a week I think.

We were closing in on the Doors, I had a feeling in my gut.

I kept walking, barely carrying Annabeth for a couple of more hours. I felt vulnerable, if we were to be attacked I don't know if I would be able to protect us both. I would have to do my best no matter what.

After walking for another hour or so, I heard a rumbling noise coming from all around me and figures I could somewhat make out in this dark place.. I was getting really worried now.

As they got closer, I looked completely around me to see a monster army completely surrounding me.

"Damn it, now of all times."

I propped Annabeth so she was on her feet, but leaning on my left side. I pulled out my trusty sword, Riptide preparing to defend Annabeth and I.

I waited for them to attack, ready to defend Annabeth and I.

Then I saw a parting between the monsters in front of me and a tall bright orange figure stepped closer to me.

"Well, well, well, Perseus we meet again."

"What do you want Hyperion?"

"Well revenge of course! You turned me into a tree!"

"By the way how was being a tree? I think you were much better giving off oxygen in Central Park, don't you think so?"

"You shall pay for that Perssus Jackson!"

"And what makes you think you will be able to do such a thing?"

He growled at me and if looks could kill, I would've been dead.

"My eye sight must be wrong, but do correct me if I'm wrong. You are weak boy, carrying that pathetic daughter of Athena. You have no strength left and surround by a monster army and a titan."

"I've defeated hordes of monsters before and I have defeated you before." I raised Riptide into a defensive stance.

"Listen here Jackson, I feel some pity for you, come peacefully and I'll spare the girl."

I looked at Annabeth, I wanted to do whatever was best for her safety. Even if that means dying for her.

"What exactly does this 'sparing' entitle?" I asked lowering my sword.

"Ah I was not expecting you to consider. We'll not harm her, you're the one I want."

"What will you do with her, you say you're not going to harm her, but what will happen to her?"

"She will be kept in a cell unharmed."

"Before I come with you, I want you to swear on the Styx." I looked at him dead in the eye waiting for his answer. I didn't know if I could trust him on his word about keeping Annabeth safe.

He stood there for several minutes contemplating what he should do. I was getting more nervous by the second, gripping Riptide harder causing my knuckles to turn white.