C h a p t e r S i x

Keefe's POV.

Keefe has been watching Sophie and that teal-eyed guy dance for a while now.

Now, under normal circumstances he would have thought he was being creepy, but these weren't normal circumstances. Because he knew Sophie was someone special, he felt something when he saw her.

He wasn't going to lose her to some guy with teal eyes and awful hair.

Keefe thought he must have been going insane. How could he lose someone that wasn't even his?

He had eavesdropped on the conversation Sophie had with her parents. Which again, he might have thought was creepy under normal circumstances.
He had felt the unsteadiness and nausea her emotions were radiating when they had mentioned marriage.
So why didn't she just say she didn't want to get married?
She must have been a seriously kind and considerate person to not just dump the guy right there.
That only made Keefe like her more.

So now he was watching her dance, somewhat ungraciously, and Keefe knew he was probably drooling.

He also knew she was part of the Blackswan, his enemy clan. And not only part of the clan, the First Lady.
What would Marella and his parents think of him now?

Keefe sighed and, for a spilt second, he thought he saw Sophie's eyes flick to him.
She did look kind of uncomfortable dancing with That Guy, and Keefe wanted to go over there and shove him away from her right now if he was making her uncomfortable.
That Guy was probably too ignorant to notice.

But when he double checked, her eyes were already focused on the teal ones.

He sighed again and walked over go food table.
Food always helped.

Keefe grabbed a Butter Toffee Ripplefluff and took a bite, savoring the delicious buttery, chocolatey flavor.

He noticed a guy with periwinkle eyes and strawberry blonde hair also eating a Ripplefluff.

The guy subconsciously took a bite of his Ripplefluff and stared at a beautiful girl with dark auburn hair and teal eyes like That Guy's.

Keefe knew that without a doubt, this guy was in love.

Keefe silently edged closer to the lovestruck boy.

"So who's the girl?" Keefe whispered, making the boy jump. "I'm Keefe."

"Dex," the boy answered, then quieter, "and her name is Biana."

Keefe smiled. "I see. Why don't you ask her to dance?"

Dex looked horrified. "Are you crazy?!" He whisper-shouted. "Besides, she likes Tam." He gestured to the same boy with bangs who laughed at Keefe's dramatic ball entrance earlier.

Keefe scowled. Tam was in a dark corner of the room silently watching the dancers and sipping from a cup of some warm liquid.

"Nah," Keefe shook his head. "Why would anyone be interested in someone like him? Go over to this Biana and tell her she looks beautiful tonight and ask her if she wants to dance. Trust me, it'll be worth it."

Dex didn't look convinced, so Keefe added. "If you do, then I'll ask the girl I like to dance too. I promise."

Keefe now wasn't sure if he wanted Dex to ask Biana or not, because if he did, Keefe would have to ask Sophie.
And there was a 85% chance of her rejecting him.

"Why haven't you asked her already?" Dex asked, confused. "You seem pretty good at these kinds of things."

Keefe winced. "Let's just say she's a little occupied. Now go get 'em champ!" He clapped Dex on the back and he gave a nervous smile.

Keefe saw Biana and another girl with straight black hair that must have been Tam's sister or relative, whisper to each other as he often saw girls do, but stop when they saw Dex walk over.

Keefe suddenly felt a pang of guilt, hoping he didn't just send his new friend to get refused.

Dex said something that Keefe couldn't hear and Biana smiled. Her friend grinned and nudged her forward.
A blushing Biana took Dex's hand and he lead her over to the dance floor.

Keefe smiled. Mission accomplished.
His smiled grew wary however as Keefe remembered his promise to Dex.

Okay, Keefe thought and rubbed his hands together, put on your charm, Keefe. Don't you dare mess this up.

Time to ask Sophie Foster to dance.

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟱𝟬+ 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆! 𝗜𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲! 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴!
𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗕𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘅 𝗮𝘀 𝗧𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗼. 𝗕𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗧𝗮𝗺! 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗚𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲...
𝗔𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗮𝘆, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘆/𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁!
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧