{Chapter. 40}

Today was finally the day.

PROM!

My alarm went off at exactly 10am and I immediately shot up and dialed Lia's number.

"Whaaaaat?" She groaned into the phone after picking up after like 5 rings.

"You gotta get dressed, today is a big day we have to get our nails done and then get our hair done and then get our makeup done and then we have to finally see our outfits!" I squealed into the phone.

"Okay shut up, I'm going to wake up Abby and we are going to pick up Alex and meet up at your house," She groaned and then hung up.

Rude.

I got up, got dressed and ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Can't kiss Lia with bad breath. My mind immediately wandered off to Lia and tonight. When I were in the lower classes I also heard around that prom was the time that a lot of girls lost their virginity, is that what I wanted to happen tonight between Lia and I? Well obviously she wasn't a virgin but was I ready to lose my virginity to Lia? I didn't know what I was doing, what if I was bad at it? How do girls even have sex? Were we going back to my house or Lia's house? Scratch that I don't want to have sex under the same roof as someone who thinks it's a sin.

My thoughts were interrupted by Lia banging on the door of the bathroom.

"I have to pee," She shouted.

I didn't realize I was brushing my teeth for so long, suddenly my nerves began to get the best of me and I actually felt scared to see Lia. I rinsed my mouth and opened the door only for Lia to rush in and push me out of the bathroom.

I walked downstairs and noticed Abigail and Alex sitting on the couch together.

"Hey guys," I smiled weakly.

"Hey, did Lia tell you the plan?" Abigail asked?

"Plan?"

"She ordered a party bus for all of us to ride in to the venue, it's picking us up from your house and then she's designated different pick up spots to pick up all of your friends and hers and then we will all party to prom," Abigail explained.

So she was excited about prom, I was just going to have my dad drive us there but that sounds so much more fun.

"But she isn't excited about it right," I rolled my eyes.

I felt her warm arms wrap around my waist as she kissed my neck.

"I'm not excited, I just know how to party and plan things." She said into my neck.

I felt a warm rush between my legs and I immediately stepped forward away from her. I couldn't help but think about tonight, possibly seeing Lia naked, it kept replaying in my mind and I felt slightly dirty about it because I never really thought about Lia that way. Even though we have been best friends for like forever, we've never seen each other naked and that wasn't because of me, I didn't really care. Lia was the one that thought it would be weird if we saw each other naked. Now that I think about it, it was probably because Lia has had a crush on me all along.

"I promise you my breath doesn't stink so don't be weird," She walked around me and rolled my eyes.

My mom came down the steps with the biggest smile on her face.

"Awe, my babies go to prom today I'm so excited! Lia I can't wait until you see your outfit, it's just so beautiful. You and Clarity have to win prom royalty or whatever the hell they are calling it these days," She walked over and hugged us both.

"No offense Abigail and Alexander but I had to make sure my girls were the best dressed," She smirked.

"Okay Ness we are going to the nail salon, I made an appointment for all four of us, we should be done in like an hour and then we can all go to our hair appointments," Lia said as made her way upstairs.

Wow she really planned everything out, I didn't even make hair appointments or nail appointments.......wait did she just call my mother Ness?

"Why did you just call my mother Ness? Why are you going upstairs the car isn't upstairs?" I questioned.

I noticed she had a backpack, what was the backpack for?

"No shit idiot, I know the car isn't-" Immediately, Lia was hit in the chest with a flying shoe. To be specific it was my mothers flying shoe, I didn't even see her take it off, that's how fast that played out.

"Curse in my house again and Ill be sending you to prom with bruises," My mother scolded.

Lia pouted and then looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and then looked over to see Alex and Abigail chuckling on the couch.

Five minutes later Lia came downstairs without her backpack and signaled for all of us to get in the car.

My mother hopped into the passenger seat of the car next to Lia, which was fine because I kind of didn't want to sit next to her right now. I sat in the back with Alex and Abby and stayed quiet as everyone else chatted away about the fun plans today and what the day had in store for us.

I don't know why I was overthinking this so much, what if we weren't even going to have sex tonight? There have been plenty of times where Lia and I almost had sex. Well it's never gone as far as making out to be honest but in those moments I thought I was ready to go all the way but I guess that was me just being in the moment. Thinking more about it kind of made me excited and queasy. What if Lia didn't like the way I looked? What if...what if I was weird at it?

Im weirded out by that question.

"Right Clarity?" Alex looked at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"We are going to be best friends pretty much in college, unless you secretly hate me," Alex said.

"I secretly hate you," Lia said from the driver side.

"Shut up Lia we all know that's not a secret," Alex chuckled.

"Of course we are going to be best friends Alex, we are going to go to like all of the parties and events on campus, plus I'm going to always be in your dorm room," I smiled.

"Study first, party later young lady. Also don't take random cups from random strangers, I don't want to have to commit a crime because someone hurt my babygirl," My mother said seriously.

A little too seriously.

"Mom we can have that conversation another time, nows the time to get girly not scary" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Are you getting your nails done Alex?" I asked.

"Yeah, your mother says my toes and my fingers could use a little love," Alex said embarrassed.

"My fingers also know how to give a little love," Lia said lowly to herself but I caught every word of it.

I felt my face growing hot and I'm pretty sure it was bright red right now.

We pulled up to the nail salon and all of us piled into the salon.

(A little short but the next chapter is coming out next week, already have it typed up)