TWO

02 | MISSING VK

02 | MISSING VK

WINTER was different from the typical Auradon princesses, everyone knew that. Yes, she had the classical beauty, the perfect etiquette, fantastic speech, she could cook, she cleaned, she danced, and yes, (while it may not have been often) she did know how to sing.

Despite all of these traits, Winter was still looked upon as being different. And no, it was not because whenever everyone broke out into a random song it was only she and Jonah who refrained. No, it was not because she spent all of her time studying. And no, it was definitely not because she was smarter than the usual princess.

Rather, it was because everyone knew exactly who she was. She was not some princess of any kingdom, no she was the princess of the entirety of winter. Since she had arrived, everyone while they had not ever admitted it, was slightly wary of her.

Other than Jonah, Ben had literally been the only one who was not wary of her. That was before the VKs, of course.

Winter was smart enough to realize that if she simply put herself out there and did not isolate herself away from the rest of the student population, the stereotype would go away. But, in all honesty, she didn't want it to go away.

She thought it was helpful for her own sake to not be close to too many people. Of course, Jonah, Evie, and Mal were excluded from that, but still.

Winter had just finished dying her hair, the wet brunette locks soaked and covered by a towel. Winter only had on a tank top and shorts as she planned on taking a nap as soon as her hair was completely dried.

It was still early afternoon, but seeing as everything for school was done for the day and she had nothing else to do, she figured she may as well sleep. Padding across her carpet, Winter cringed as frost appeared with every step of her bare feet.

Some days her powers were harder to control than others.

Frost and ice had already climbed her walls, small snowflakes occasionally falling from seemingly nowhere. Day by day her powers grew as she herself became ready to take on the role of bringing the winter season with father, it was something that scared her.

"Ouch," Winter cried as she stubbed her toe on the leg of her desk.

She bent down to check the damage, her pale skin feeling even softer and more delicate than usual after such a warm shower. Her fingers brushed against her toe, the redness quickly going away.

Huffing, Winter stood up, her hands resting against her slightly bony hips. Okay, she would admit that she was not the most athletically inclined, books and knowledge was her ground along with her magic.

She'd always been just a tad underweight, but in all honestly, she was not bothered by it. It made her easier for the wind to pick up... but it also made her a lot easier to take down in sparring class.