Chapter eighteen - In which Tony thinks you've been kidnapped

Author's note: Hey guys, it's been a pretty wild last few days for me, I had to finish school three months early (I've been at the academy for seven years and now I'll never go back... we had a day's notice) and all my exams are cancelled so I don't know whether I'm going to university or not now! Fun times xx On a serious note I hope y'all are doing okay <3 Here's chapter eighteen, enjoy, and stay safe :) 

...

When you woke up it was light, but you had no clue what time it might be. Your body didn't feel like it had just been in a washing machine anymore either, which was good news. Loki was gone, but that didn't surprise you, Tony wouldn't have been too pleased to find him asleep here this morning. You trusted that he was somewhere nearby.

You tentatively swung your legs over the side of the bed and stood up slowly. You didn't collapse, as you had been doing a lot recently. That was a good sign. You were still wearing the clothes you had been in for your initiation yesterday; you needed a shower. You made your way to your room and had a hot shower, relishing in the fact that you could move your limbs without it hurting already. Being Asgardian had its perks. As you stepped out of the shower and wrapped yourself in a towel, you could hear panicked voices in the corridor outside.

"She's gone, he's fucking taken her, I knew something like this would happen, right after the stupid initiation show we had to put on..."

"Tony, calm down, I'm sure she's fine..."

"She is not fine, she has been kidnapped."

Oh no.

You opened your door and stuck your head around it, smiling at a very dishevelled looking Tony and a sceptical Nat.

"Hey there. Who's been kidnapped?"

"You! Where have you... why would you..." Tony spluttered, gesturing wildly.

"Why would I have a shower? Hygiene?" you replied, earning a smirk from Nat.

"We thought he'd gone and taken you with him." Tony told you.

Shit. How to act? Shocked? Indifferent?

"She knew. You knew he was gonna do a runner?" Nat immediately deduced, cocking her head and raising an eyebrow at you.

"...give me a minute." you requested, swiftly closing your door again before Tony could absorb what Nat had just said. You got dressed quickly and tied your wet hair into a bun before making your way to the kitchen. Tony, Nat, Steve and Thor were sat on the sofas in the lounge; you tried not to feel intimidated as you sat amongst them.

"Hear me out first, okay?" you asked, as Steve opened his mouth to speak. He nodded at you to go on.

"I only found that Loki could use magic like two days ago, even though he's been able to use it for weeks - please! Don't interrupt." you begged, as they all made noises of protest.

"He has been able to use his magic for weeks, but how many times have you seen him using it? None. It's unfair, Tony it's like... I don't know, not letting you have access to your workshop and suits. Thor, it's like not being able to have Mjolnir."

"That's different." Tony said, ignoring your request not to be interrupted.

"You're right, it's worse for him. It's a part of him. It's unnatural to take it away from him. Also, I asked him to come to my initiation, that's why he was at the mission in time to save us from getting crushed, and all the civilians who were still in the building when I couldn't hold it up anymore. I don't suppose you thanked him." you concluded, feeling as though you had put up a strong argument. Tony, Nat and Steve looked thoughtful, but Thor was smiling at you almost as though he was proud.