3.

This was the day I had been waiting for, for years. All of my training had lead to this moment. The day before the ceremony, I had spent the whole day in the Tranquility Spire, with Master Windu, meditating. This was to prepare myself and essentially cleanse my soul. On the day of the ceremony, I was summoned to the next floor of the Tranquility Spire, the Hall of Knighthood.

As I entered the darkened chamber, I began to feel the butterflies in my stomach tremble. I walked into the centre of the hall and knelt down, lowering my head in respect. Suddenly, there was a bright glow all around me, as one by one the Jedi Masters illuminated their lightsabers. Beams of green, blue and yellow surrounded me and honestly, it was quite intimidating.

Master Yoda emerged from the darkness before me, bearing his lightsaber, and recited the ancient, traditional passages. Then, very carefully, he lowered his lightsaber down just above my left shoulder, and then again on my right. I think what made my heart race the most was when he severed off my padawan braid, just behind my lower, right ear. Then, Master Yoda stepped back. I picked up the blonde, severed braid from the floor and stood up. Quietly, I bowed to the council and departed the chamber in silence.

The ceremony was much faster than I was expecting, but still an experience I will treasure forever. I walked away from that hall feeling like a new person, like I had finally accomplished something. I felt like all of my hard work, the non stop training and relentless learning had finally paid off. I couldn't wait to see what the future had in store for me. I later met with Master Windu who congratulated me and wished me good luck in my future.
"Thank you Master, I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you. Truly. You taught me everything and I can not express my gratitude." I said to him.

"Delta, these past few years you have truly proved yourself and shown all the qualities of a Jedi. Your hard work and dedication has paid off. I'm proud of you." He smiled back at me.

I didn't really know how to respond, I was just so happy.

"Now go. Go and have some fun, relax or celebrate. You deserve a break." Master Windu said to me.

I bowed my head to him and walked away. I wasn't really a party, celebration person, so I went back to my sleeping quarters and simply relaxed. The thought that I was actually now a Jedi just wasn't sinking in. I didn't get much sleep that night, excitement and glee kept me awake.

The next morning felt so surreal; I didn't need to go straight to the training area or head to a lesson with Master Windu. It felt so weird waking up and actually and have a lay in, not have to wake up at the crack of dawn. I dragged myself out of bed and did my daily morning meditation and prepped myself for the day ahead. I was planning to see my brother and catch up with him.

As I sorted my hair out in the mirror, the blonde tuft  of hair, from which my padawan braid was severed, stuck out like a thorn. I no longer had to try to perfect a tight braid in my hair every morning.

I headed out and eventually found my brother. As soon as he saw me, he came running over and gave me a tight hug.
"So how did the ceremony go?" Markcol asked, as our hug ended.

"It was fine, all went perfectly. I was incredibly nervous though."

"Haha, I was nervous too, but the feeling of fulfilment will stay with you forever." He smiled at me.

I went to say something but I was interrupted by familiar voice.
"Ah, just the two people I was looking for."

My brother and I turned around to see Master Windu walking towards us.
"I have a job for you two."

I was shocked to have been put on a 'mission' so soon after becoming a Jedi.

"What is it, Master?" Markcol asked.