Fourty Six

THE SAME NIGHT

THE SAME NIGHT . . .

Jae's POV

Taehyung's words echo in my mind.

My phone is being bombarded with phone calls from Mark. Along comes the overflowing texts.

Minutes later, the front door opens revealing none other than Mark sets foot into the house with a frustrated yet tired guise.

He heads to the kitchen and puts his bag down on the floor. He notices me and sighs. "Look, baby. I'm sorry, okay? I just had a lot of things happening all at once during work and I'm trying my best but my boss fails to....acknowledge my potential."

I remain quiet, not fully induced at his words. I don't spare him a glance as his actions from last night upset me. His grip on my arm was tight to the point where it almost left a bruise.

He engulfs me into a back hug and relaxes his face in my neck. "I'm sorry." He speaks softly. "I realised my actions and I feel so mad at myself."

"Really? Oh wow, I'm glad that realisation finally hit you." I remark sassily, walking away from him. Until his hand grips my wrist and he pivots me around to face him.

"Babe, I promise I won't do it anymore." Mark oaths, with an undecipherable expression.

"You did that the other night and said you won't do it again. Are we going to keep repeating this? I told you that time, I'm not a soft target. I was feeble in the past but I'm not, now. Just saying." I state in a subtle threatening tone to warn him not to repeat his actions again.

"Jae, seriously? I already apologised and I don't want the incident from last night to affect our relationship." He complains exasperatedly, brushing his hair through his fingers.

I scoff and shake my head. "Mark, the twins are even noticing how upset I am with you. They constantly question why I am sad or why you repeatedly apologise for your actions towards me."

"Well I'll explain it to the twins myself." He pleats his arms across his chest and shrugs, staring at me with such a countenance that implies the situation is minor and that it will not affect the twins majorly.

"They're only little, Mark. They'll feel frightened and confused. I don't want to do that to them." I snap sternly.

Judging by his actions, he seems taken aback by my irritable reply. He lets out a sigh and grazes my arms to calm me down. "You're right. I should be thinking about you three first before myself. I'm being selfish. I'm sorry. My work stress shouldn't be vented out on you."