131 The Jilted Second Young Master (4)

There was a loud crashing sound when they fell.

Immediately, the door burst open. Wang Han rushed in, carrying a stack of clothes and a pair of men's shoes. He came to a stop when he saw the two people tangled together on the floor.

"Se..second young master? Miss Su?!"

His voice rose higher in pitch at the end of his sentence.

Lin Yitian once again remembered the time after seeing Wang Han. He scrambled to his feet and snatched the clothes from Wang Han. He walked towards the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind him.

Song Jia was awkwardly left lying on the floor. Wang Han offered her his hand, which Song Jia gracefully took with a murmur of thanks.

"Miss Su, don't mind second young master, he..."

Song Jia was tired of hearing his apologies and waved a hand, "Butler Wang, it's alright. I don't blame Lin Yitian, and it's not his fault either. You don't have to apologize."

"But it seems that second young master has taken a liking to you, Miss Su. Usually he would never let anyone touch him like that. Even if it was just the slightest bit of skin contact, second young master would throw a tantrum and scrub his skin until it bled. But seeing second young master now, he almost seemed like he didn't mind Miss Su touching him. Only his own family had touched second young master before."

Song Jia rubbed her nose. She felt that Wang Han was exaggerating too much.

"By the way, did he have to take his evening bath at exactly six o'clock?" she asked.

Wang Han nodded.

"Second young master wakes up at five o'clock in the morning, does his daily morning jog until five fourty-five, takes a shower at six, and eats his breakfast at six-thirty. He would then work from six-thirty to twelve in the afternoon, eat his lunch at twelve-thirty, and resume his work at one. He would eat his supper at five-thirty, and take his evening bath at six. He would go to sleep at ten o'clock, and the rest of the time before that was left for the second young master to decide. If any changes are made to this daily routine, it would make second young master become anxious and panicked."

Wang Han suddenly put on a wondering look, "As a matter of fact, second young master's routine was broken today, but second young master didn't panic. It must be because Miss Su was there by his side!"

Song Jia laughed. "Butler Wang, don't overestimate my abilities too much. Lin Yitian and I just met today."

But the old butler had already settled his mind.

"Miss Su, you can say that because you don't know how our second young master normally behaves. If anyone had touched him like that, it definitely wouldn't be as peaceful as it is now. Miss Su, if you stay a little while longer with the second young master, I think you'll start to see what I mean."

Song Jia didn't disagree with the old butler. She only smiled softly at him.

...

Lin Yitian's parents arrived late.

Wang Han told Song Jia that they were supposed to arrive at seven, but they came in at almost quarter to eight. Lin Yitian had been growing crazy before they arrived. He glanced at his watch every five minutes, and paced back and forth in the living room, almost wearing the thick carpet to tatters.

Wang Han tried to pacify him, but to no avail.

Lin Yitian would only point at his watch and repeat anxiously, "It's past seven o'clock!"

Everyone had known each passing minute because of this. Every time the long hand of the clock ticked to a different number, Li Yitian would stop and cover his head.

"It's seven-fifteen!" he would shout at Wang Han.

"It's seven-twenty!"

"It's seven-thirty!"

Each declaration was like sandpaper that wore their patience thin. Song Jia could see that even Wang Han was starting to lose it.

"Second young master, the old master and madam must be running late. Let's wait for them a little while longer."

Lin Yitian jerked his head at him. His eyes were bloodshot.

"They said seven o'clock, not seven-thirty!" He tapped his own head heavily. "They told me they would come at seven o'clock. I remembered it. They said seven o'clock, not seven-thirty!"

Afterwards, Wang Han also became too tired to bother with him. All of them watched him go from one end of the living room to the other, their eyes moving back and forth in their sockets like they were watching a ping pong match.

When they finally heard the unmistakable sound of a car's engine outside, everyone breathed an almost audible sigh of relief. The old master and madam have finally arrived.

The maids rushed forward to greet them, and Wang Han walked forward to open the door. But Lin Yitian had ran ahead of them all and opened the main doors himself.

Song Jia was the last one to arrive. She only saw Lin Yitian greeting a tall man wearing glasses. The hair at his temples were gray, and there were frown lines at the corners of his mouth. He was nodding his head at Lin Yitian, and seemed to say something to him.

Lin Yitian blanked for a minute, and replied something back.

The man reached out and patted Lin Yitian's shoulder. Lin Yitian was a head taller than him, so the older man had to stretch his hand upwards to reach it. Lin Yitian lowered his knees and bent his back to help him.

The beautiful woman beside them couldn't help but cover her mouth as she laughed.

The beautiful woman was also the first one to notice Song Jia. The corners of her lips pulled upwards into a smile.

"Oh, are you Su Nuying's daughter? Come here, come here. Let me take a good look at you."

Like an obedient daughter-in-law, Song Jia allowed Lin Yitian's mother, Lin Qingge, to grab her hands and study her face.

After looking her up and down, Lin Qingge revealed a satisfied smile.

"You're a beautiful woman, aren't you, Su Qi? Very well-matched with my son. So which university did you graduate from? Your mom said that you were taking a course in linguistics. I can help you find jobs in that department, if you'd like."

Lin Qingge was truly satisfied with Song Jia. She looked wise and mature for her age, which would mean that she would take good care of her youngest son.