Pre-debut | 4 namjoon

"Well, where is she? I must see her now

"Well, where is she? I must see her now."

Namjoon's left brow raised as he swallowed another sip of his hot instant coffee, the white paper cup warming his fingers. Bang Pdmin sat to his right in a swivel chair, arms and legs crossed. They were in his office, it was small but big enough.

The tall, pearled neck woman huffed in front of them again, angry wrinkles lined her forehead and matching her red painted frown.

"Kyun-ssi, I would like to remind you Hani is still attending school. She will not be here until 4:00. I cannot just summon her." Bang Pdmin almost exasperated, it seemed like this wasn't the first time he had been confronted by Hani's family. He had told Namjoon who they were when his decision had been final about keeping Hani.

Namjoon had been surprised, not that he kept up with upper class politics, he hadn't known who the Kyun's were exactly, but Bang Pdmin had explained and apparently they had a few expensive connections in the media and entertainment world.

They were fucked, weren't they? Namjoon ran his clammy hands down his jeans, he wasn't intimidated easily, but this was all rather uncomfortable for him.

Hani's mother clicked her tongue, pulling at a stray piece of hair and patting it back in place. "Then we have nothing more to discuss, she does not belong here. Release her from her contract." Her commanding tone and dismissive wave screamed entitlement.

Namjoon couldn't believe people like her still even existed, he guessed cliches were cliches for a reason. He tried not to judge those he didn't know but that didn't mean he didn't dislike her.

Bang Pdmin pushed up his glasses, giving her a hard but polite stare. "With all due respect Hani is an adult. The decision is hers."

She clicked her tongue again,  "Bang-ssi my husband will not relent. Why don't we discuss our options, privately," she said, looking at Namjoon disapprovingly, at last acknowledging him with a mean set of eyes .

Namjoon's lip twitched, he was throughly annoyed but remained calm. The tension in the air was thick but Bang Pdmin managed to remain relaxed. Both of them knew the undertone of her words, the rich and powerful spoke with money, but they--their company--weren't like that.

Pdmin smiled, patting Namjoon's shoulder, feeling his uneasiness. "Namjoon is a valuable member who works closely with Hani we can discuss--"

Hani's mother scoffed, her fancy earrings swaying as she shook her head. "What would a boy know? I don't need her fraternizing with likes of people below her. " Her prim and proper demure didn't hide her true colors.