I Thought You Were Kidding (eddie van halen)

Tonight was the night!

You had finally built up the courage to tell Eddie you were pregnant. You had only found out the news a couple days ago.

You had only dreamed of this moment, you've always wanted to be a mother, and now you were finally going to be!

You were beyond excited to spill the news to Eddie, and you almost did a few times over the past couple days, but you decided to throw a small party.

You had invited a few of your friends and the band to yours and Eddie's house, nothing suspicious. You and Eddie had parties like this all the time, so he shouldn't question what was going on.

You threw on a casual sweater with some jeans and made your way downstairs, where people started to knock on the door.

"You excited?" David said as you answered the door. He was one of the few people you told. David had been one of your best friends for years! You've known him since you were in high school.

"I'm so ready to finally tell him!" You exclaimed, trying to keep your voice down so Eddie wouldn't overhear.

"You got this," David said, winking at you, then making his way past you to find himself a drink.

~*~*~

After about an hour of making Eddie think this was a normal party, you grabbed everyone's attention.

"Now, most of you know why you're all here, but," you smiled, wrapping your arm around Eddie, "a certain someone hasn't heard the news yet!"

Eddie looked at you and grinned.

"What's happening?" He questioned.

"Eddie," you felt butterflies fill your stomach, "I'm pregnant!"

"What?" He said.

"Yes Eddie!" You smiled so big.

"You are kidding?" He laughed a bit, taking a drag from his cigarette.

At that remark you felt your heart suddenly sink and all your excitement went away. Without saying another word, you huffed and turned around, storming back upstairs into your room.

"You've got to be fucking kidding," you heard David yell as you walked away.

You felt tears well up in your eyes. Your face burned with embarrassment and anger. You slammed your bathroom door shut and locked it behind you.

You slid down the door and sat leaned up against it. Not long after you heard a knock on the door.

"Y/N?"

It was Eddie.

"Get out of here!" You spat.

"Let me in please, I'm sorry," he said.

"Go away!" You cried.

"Please just let me in! I was a complete dick out there-"

"You took the words right out of my mouth!" You exclaimed, wiping tears away from your face.

"Can I please apologize to you? I'm sorry!" He said more aggressively, annoyed that he was locked out.