Chapter 17

Yuichi's POV

"Woah! So cool! I love the design of this restaurant!" Erina said looking around. Clownfish diner says it all. There were so many clownfishes of different colors painted everywhere. The tablecloths were a dark blue color and the plates were shaped like shells. 

"This is one of the best restaurants in inkopolis square," I said. 

"Cool!" Erina said. 

"Yo guys!" A voice said. When we looked around Koutarou was already sitting at a table. 

"Heyo Koutarou. You've reserved a table for us?" I said. 

"Yup. I'll pay for the food too." He replied. 

"Really? At least let me pay mine and Erina's" I said while sitting down. 

"Oh no, it's fine. Really." Koutarou said. 

"Thanks, babe," Yuki said planting a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek. 

"You're welcome Yuki." Koutarou blushed. 

"Eww. Are those Octolings? What are they doing here? I thought this place for inklings only."

"Yea. Let's change places." 

"I agree. Come on." There was a lot of clatter going on as guests paid and left. 

"Don't mind them, Erina. They are just jerks." I said trying to comfort  Erina. 

"Yea. Thanks." She sighed. 

"We should order," Yuki said taking a menu. 

"I agree," I said taking one for me and Erina. We began chatting about the food they had. 

I noticed a group of inklings who stayed behind. They were suspicious but I thought nothing of it for now. 

"Is something wrong... Babe?"

"Its noth- Wait!? What did you just call me!?" I exclaimed in surprise.

"I-I I'm sorry Yuichi-san." Erina trembled. 

"No-no-no. Erina. It's fine. You just surprised me that's all." I said trying to calm her. 

"So it's fine calling you babe?" She asked me. 

"Can I just get used to it first?" I asked. She nodded. I smiled. 

"Thanks anyway, Erina," I said and hugged her. She hugged me back. 

"I take back what I said earlier at your house Yuichi. I approve of this relationship. You guys are cute together." Yuki chuckled. 

"Yea yea," I mumbled letting go. We ordered our food. But while waiting for our food the group became more and more suspicious. I decided to go up to them. 

"Hey. What do you want." I asked them. 

"Huh?"

"I said. What do you want!" I exclaimed. 

"Its nothing! We were just curious about the octolings. We've never seen one." One said. 

"Then do you want to sit with us?" Yuki asked. 

"What-!"

"Can we?!" One of the girls asked. 

"Of course. Just bring a table to connect to ours will you." Yuki said. She then dragged me back. 

"What do you think you're doing Yuki?" I whispered. 

"Nothing. Just playing along."