28

JUNE 10, 2019

The flight back to Korea was more than tiring. Jeongguk wanted nothing more than to teleport back to their apartment and to his comfy bed instead, just so he could escape the reporters and the press.

They have just returned from a fatiguing trip from Paris, where they had their two-day concert and a few days of filming for their Run BTS! content. They've wrapped up their North America, South America, and Europe tour with a bang. Needless to say, the entire trip wore him out.

Upon arriving at the airport, the reporters were surprised to see Jin, Yoongi, and Hoseok wearing sunflower headpieces. They focused their attention solely on them, making Jeongguk sigh in relief.

The rest of the members went straight ahead to their dorm while Jeongguk, on the other hand, had plans for himself.

He left his luggages and bags in the hands of his manager and told him that he needed to drop off something real quick at a friend's house, hence why he hailed a cab and told the taxi driver to go to the Bamseom apartments.

The silent treatment that his dear girlfriend had given him only lasted for a week. He was extremely happy when he had received that text of her wanting him to sing her to sleep. Since then, he started to be careful with his words and tried as best as he could to make up for what he had done by sending sweet nothings to her.

Sometimes, though, he'd think of himself as a fool as they weren't even together and he didn't need to do all these things for her. Their relationship was just for fun for goodness sake, but why was he going to different lengths just for her?

But then again, she was his friend. Friends do that... right?

On the way to her apartment, Jeongguk once again double checked the gift box that he was holding.

Oh, right. He had bought her gifts - another thing that friends actually do so he didn't feel odd about it.

The gift box was quite huge, but Jeongguk didn't really mind it. He didn't go overboard, anyway. He bought her various things from London and Paris - five boxes of French Laduree macaroons, chocolates from Debauve & Gallais, the cliché plaid French beret, tea from Whitard and Twinings, digestives and custard creams to go with the tea, two shadow boxes from Benjamin Pollock's Toy Shop, and a stuffed dinosaur from the National Museum.

Okay, maybe he did went a little overboard.

As soon as he finished checking up on the gift box, he realised that they were nearing the apartment complex. Jeongguk fished out cash from his jacket and when the driver stopped at the main entrance, he gave it to him, muttering a keep the change before heading out.

It was actually his first time entering her apartment. The last time he went here was when he picked Lisa up for her birthday but he wasn't able to get past the reception area. Oh well.

As soon as he went inside the lobby, he immediately went to receptionist and said, "Hey, good evening. Can you give a call to Lalisa Manoban and tell her that someone is looking for her down here in the lobby?"

The receptionist looked up and ask, "Name, please?"

His lips thinned, "JK."

The woman behind the desk nodded. She then proceeded to call someone on the telephone and exchanged a few words with the caller before saying, "He's wearing all black and a- oh? Okay? Just let him in? Okay, ma'am." She then looked up at him and said, "8th floor, room 808."