Chapter 33

He had fallen asleep soon after commenting and I just focus on my music while I played with his hair and after some time, I fell asleep as well.

When I woke up, I was in someone's lap, yeah yeah, I know it was my husband's lap. His hands were around my waist and somehow mine were around his neck. His face was in the crook of my neck. By his shallow breathing that tickled my neck, I knew he was asleep. A blanket was draped around my body which also covered his body. It was kinda cold.

I made a move get down but instead I heard a whine and I was pulled even more close.

"Let me sleep", he grumbled against my skin and I couldn't do anything but just stay still. I rested my head against his shoulder and looked outside the window to find the sky varying from hues of orange to pink to purple.

I was awestruck. It was beautiful. I just stared at it while the big baby slept partially one me! I was flush against him but I guess as the seconds ticked, he kept pulling me more closer to him. I trailed a finger over his hand and rubbed circles.

"Relax, I'm not going anywhere", I whispered.

"Who knows? Maybe you'll disappear once again", he said, his voice cracking in the end. As the seat was a convertible seat, we had space, and so I moved behind and cradled his face in my hands, my thumb caressing his cheeks.

"I'm not leaving you again! Now that I'm my own person and your wife I'm not going anywhere", I said softly as I leaned forward until our for heads touched.

"Why did you leave me four years ago? Was it me? Was I that bad? Or did you actually not love me anymore?", the pain in his voice could be clearly felt. My eyes glistened with tears as I heard him.

"Did you honestly think you were the reason? All these years?", He just nodded.

"You're not the reason, you were never the reason. Infact, you were the best thing that had ever happened to me! That has even happened to me! It was my mom..."

I narrated the whole incident to him and he listened closely, even though he was angry, he didn't show it.

"I still have the locket, I used to always search about you, from Google or stalk you on Instagram", I said as I let out a chuckle through my tears. He wiped my tears and kissed my eyes.

"I'm so sorry", I said, I doubted my voice was barely audible but by the way the hugged me, I knew I was heard.

"You have nothing to be sorry about", he said as he hugged me.

"You know when dad told me they've found someone for me, I was angry because they knew I still l-- that I had still not moved on, but when Sonia said 'trust me' I blindly trusted her and it led me to you. I am thankful for Yashvi to approach my dad", he said while looking in my eyes.

"For me, I honestly didn't even know that someone was coming home with a marriage proposal, I was just informed to come home early, I was so happy to know that they're going to do something special for my birthday but when I saw you in the store, I was a little disheartened, because you were so close yet so far and when I returned, I see you sitting over there, trust me that was the best gift I've ever received on my birthday", I said.

"Why did you lie to me then?", he said and I began to feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

"Because I wasn't sure how to react and whether you would still want to have some relation with me...", I said while looking anywhere but his face.

"Oh Anvi", he said as he hugged me tighter.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Just as we were about to ring the door bell, the door flew open and Natasha wrapped her tiny arms around me while squealing.