» 15

"I honestly wish I could escape school, there's just something about it that really reminds me of... hell." The two girls were stood in line in the cafeteria, awaiting for their turn to fill their trays up.

"And how do you know what hell is like?" Hyuna asked, looking at her best friend who held a mischievous grin.
"You should know Hyuna, I am from hell." An evil chuckle left Myunghee lips, making Hyuna roll her eyes and look at her in disbelief.

"You really are something Myun." Hyuna said, stepping forward to keep up with the line.

"Aww, you love it don't lie."

Hyuna opened her mouth ready to say something, when an extremely happy boy came bouncing up to them.

"Hey Myunghee."

This had felt like a recurrence, the familiar feeling of being cut off. Like her words meant nothing. But that didn't matter, because nothing she said would've had significance.

"Hey Kyong." Myunghee said with a big smile, happy to see the boy.
"What did you want?"

Kyong looked nervous- rubbing his nape as you could obviously tell he was working up his courage.

"I was just wondering if you would like to hang out sometime." His words left his lips fast, but not fast enough where you couldn't understand them.

Myunghee nodded her head relatively fast, the two hugging as Hyuna watched.

She felt happy for her best friend, she really liked the boy, but she felt uneasy and she didn't know why.

So when Kyong left and Myunghee started bouncing up and down in excitement, Hyuna could only respond with a fake smile.

{}

The end of the day had come quicker than usual, and Hyuna was once again one of the only people left in the reasonably quiet halls.

She was trying to find non other than her partner, for they had finally agreed on a day to meet up.

Hyuna had not been paying attention, caught in her own thoughts as she turned the corner and bumped into a body.

Stumbling back in shock, she trips over her feet and starts falling quickly towards the floor. Two hands had suddenly gripped her wrists to stop her from colliding with the hard tiles below them.

"You need to stop falling for me love." The sound of his voice made Hyunas eyes fling open, and there he was, her partner.

Eyes widened as she quickly stabilised herself- brushing her skirt and clearing her voice.
"Good, now that you're here let's get started on this assignment." She said firm, trying to stop herself from stuttering at the close proximity the two had just been in and trying to quickly forget his words.

Turning on her heels and walking away quickly, trying to hide the fact that her cheeks were once again red.

But why?

She had priorities, and a silly boy was not one of them.

She had an A+ to achieve.