第36章 (end)

After putting the kids to bed, Jing Yi and Hao Ming went into their room. Jing Yi stared at Hao Ming dazedly as she couldn't believe her eyes, could this have all been a dream? Was she missing him so much that she had started hallucinating?

As though Hao Ming had understood her thoughts, he pulled her into his arms. "Jing Yi, im here. I'm really here, im not dead. I'm sorry it took me so long to get here..." He apologized as he buried his head into her neck taking in a deep breath in her scent.

"h-how were you able to survive?..." Jing Yi asked softly.

"After Fu Yue Long pushed me down, although i was falling at a high speed i managed to grabbed a hold of a branch that is sticking out nearing the bottom and swing myself into a cave. As that took all my remaining energy when i hit the ground of the cave i really thought that was the end of my life. According to the priest in the cave i had been unconscious for two months, he had taken care of me in the cave the whole time.

After i woke up i lost my memories and decided to follow the priest around the world and as his bodyguard because that was all i could do. Although i had lost my memories, my body had still remembered the martial arts i knew. For two years i had been travelling in the west and it was only recently when the priest had asked me to return here.

I spent a month wondering if i should enter the Gaonan Forest because i could feel a connection but this connection was a scary painful one, i had wandered in and wanted to leave when i saw Yu Lan and... i remembered everything. Our promise to live out our lives here with our babies, no conflicts, no drama and just peace." Hao Ming explained as he looked guiltily at Jing Yi.

"I'm really sorry that it took such a long time, i've let you down and i've let the kids down."

"No... I'm just glad you're back, when i've found out you had fell off the cliff and that a body was found i had wanted to kill myself but then i found out i was pregnant. The past is the past, i'm just glad you're alive and here with me" Jing Yi said as she hugged Hao Ming tightly not wanting to let go at all anymore.

Hao Ming patted Jing Yi's head before kissing her forehead, pushing her down onto the bed he pulled the covers over her body. "Let rest now." Jing Yi nodded her head as they both closed their eyes, but after a short while Jing Yi opened her eyes and stared at Hao Ming. She was still afraid that after she goes to sleep and wake up Hao Ming would disappear.

Hao Ming who felt her stare chuckled, "Are you not going to sleep my princess?" He said as he opened his eyes and stared at Jing Yi. "I'm scared you'd disappear, and my prince is so handsome why can't i stare more?" Jing Yi countered shamelessly as she stole a kiss from Hao Ming.

"Jing Yi are you sure you want to keep staring at me and doing these things?" He turned over and prop his head on his hand and looked at Jing Yi. She smiled and nodded her head as she maintained eye contact with Hao Ming. "Why you... i wanted to take things slow again but you..." Hao Ming sighed as he got on top of Jing Yi.

"You've asked for it." Hao Ming chuckled and planted kisses all over her face. Their lost time seem to have returned when they made love to each other. Holding tightly onto Hao Ming's hand she fell asleep.

The next day, Jing Yi woke up in a hurry and looked over at the space beside her and couldn't find anyone. She jotted up frantically as she ran outside and calmed down when she saw Hao Ming preparing a simple breakfast for the kids and her. She walked over to the kitchen as she back hugged Hao Ming, Zi Lan who saw this frowned and walked over to his beloved mother.

"Mama hug" He said loudly as he looked at his father that had appeared suddenly. Hao Ming looked down at Zi Lan smirked and hugged Jing Yi tightly not letting her go, "MAMA!" Zi Lan shouted in agony and started tearing up Yu Lan who was playing by herself walked over to Zi Lan and comforted him.

"Don't cry Zi Lan, jiejie hug you" Yu Lan said but was rejected by Zi Lan. She also started crying, her wails triggered the tears in Zi Lan and he had also started bawling his eyes out.

"Hao Ming!..." Jing Yi shouted as she pushed him away and picked both Zi Lan and Yu Lan up. "It's okay don't cry" she said as she patted both of them, Yu Lan looked at Hao Ming and reached out to him.

Hao Ming smiled as he carried her from Jing Yi, "Daughters are still the best" He said as he stared at Zi Lan. Zi Lan scoffed at his father's word and kissed his mother's cheek. Jing Yi chuckled at her son's reaction, looking at Jing Yi's genuine smile the kids also smiled while Hao Ming finally felt at home.

-

author: Hey lovelies, i've made a ko-fi account and it is linked in my bio. If you'd like to support me, you can 'buy me a coffee' there to support me!!

I hope you've enjoyed this book, i've recently started writing a new story it is 'The Diary of Our Fallen Protagonist' do check it out!!❤️