chapter twenty-two.

ALLISON LEANED UP AGAINST THE WALL AND HID FROM THE PEOPLE AS THEY RAN PAST. She was ahead of everyone else as she heard gunshots come from a room with a metal door. Kicking it open, she threw in a smoke bomb that she kept in her large jacket, running inside to find her sister.

Maggie had a bag over her head, her cries loud. Allison shot down a guy that was coming her way and helped up her sister. "Are you okay? You're alright?" Allison brought her younger sister into a hug, smiling as she was happy that these people hadn't killed her.

"C'mon!" Rick's voice made it's way to her ears and she shot her head up, the two getting up off the floor and out from the room.

Allison led the group to a small room where they could rest for a second. She closed the door behind them, Glenn instantly falling to the floor in pain.

The blonde watched through the windows, panting as she wiped the sweat off her head, Daryl looking at her with squinted eyes, something he does alot.

"Rick, how'd you find us?" Maggie asked, wiping the blood off of Glenn.

Rick ignored her question, everyone on alert to see if anyone would come to them.

"Where's that woman?" Maggie asked, panting.

"She was right behind us." Rick said, his head bobbing back and forth as he looked for her.

"I'll go get her." Allison volunteered. She proceeded to walk out before Daryl grabbed her arm harshly.

"Nope. You ain't doing that again." He said to her, Allison just glaring at the man.

Maggie noticed that Allison's hands were shaking alot and she was looking out the window every two seconds, as if she was paranoid. "Ally. Are you alright?" She asked her sister. She had only seen her like this once. It wasn't good.

Allison waved her off. "We gotta go." She ignored her question, looking at anything but her at the moment.

Glenn had told Daryl that Merle did this and that got Allison's attention. She remembered that he would always tell stories about him to her during winter.

Daryl was in shock, it's like he couldn't believe that his brother was still alive. Allison took notice of this and stopped her little episode she was having and paid attention to him, his eyes saying everything.

Daryl and Rick had a conversation that Allison couldn't hear and moments later, she saw the smoke bombs go off that Daryl had thrown and she ran out, not even waiting for Rick to say anything.

Bullets started to fly all around the town, a lot of people going down.

One. Two. Three. Four. Allison was counting in her head how many people she had been shooting. The smoke bomb was getting hard to see as the people were shooting, which made Allison go down as a bullet hit her in the hip.

She gritted her teeth in pain as she held it on her side, blood dripping down her leg and onto the floor. Daryl immediately shot the person who shot her and they went down.

It was becoming difficult for Allison to run as she was running out of breath, her throat getting dry. She walked over to Maggie as she called her over, telling her to get behind the wall.

"We need to go!" Rick yelled over the gunfire as Allison held her hip in pain. Pulling her hand back. She saw the bullet just pierced her skin, not her bone.

"Can you walk? We gotta go!" Daryl told her. She nodded her head and started to limp to the gate. She followed Maggie out and she helped her over, seeing Oscar go down with a bullet in his chest.

Maggie yelled to Rick as Allison was starting to get faint from the blood lose, her vision going in and out.

Rick rounded the corner, seeing Daryl and Merle emerge from the smoke. Allison was being helped up by Rick, them all running back to the car where Glenn and Michonne were at.

-

It was daytime when they had gotten back to the car and Allison was losing color to her face, the bullet being inside her skin finally getting to her.

Allison was set on a tree by Rick as everyone started to yell and bring out their weapons once they saw Merle there.

Maggie ran up to her sister, holding her wound as the blonde just winced and groaned in pain. "We're gonna get you back." She assured her as she just chuckled.

"This shit hurts." Allison whispered, her lips cracked and dry. She opened her eyes and she looked over to Merle, him looking at her with squinted eyes, kinda like what Daryl does.

Maggie placed Allison in the car as she looked unzipped her pants, pulling them down just enough to see the bullet wound.

The bullet was halfway in her hip and with small hands, she could easily take it out with just enough focus. She didn't have much focus right now, she could barely see.

She looked to Maggie, who was looking at the bullet. "Show me your hands."

"What?" Maggie asked in disbelief.

"Show me your hands." She asked again, this time more urgent.

Maggie held up her hands, bloody and... quite small. Allison cracked a smile. "Pull the bullet out."

The brunette looked to her sister like she was crazy, so she elaborated. "My hands aren't small enough, yours are. Pull. It. Out." Allison was gritting her teeth to stop from screaming.

Maggie sighed deeply and she knew that if she didn't do it, then Allison would by herself. Maggie used her index finger and her middle finger, basically using them as scissors as she pulled it out slowly, Allison scrunching her face up in pain.

Maggie pulled it out within a couple of minutes and Allison smiled wide, grabbing it from her hands. "Thanks." She panted, giving her sister a wink.

Daryl watched this happen, biting his lip nervously. She didn't flinch or scream once while getting the bullet out of her. That's what he liked about her. That she was so strong and so brave. Merle seemed to noticed him looking at her and he snickered, moving close to him.

"Is that your girl?" He taunted, cackling in his ear.

Daryl nudged him away, not taking his eyes off from Allison.