》48

Over the next couple of weeks Mark and Hana had became close, extremely close to the point where anyone would think they were best friends or even more

Donghyuck sat at the kitchen isle, stirring his newly brewed coffee when Hana walked in with a smile as soon as she saw Mark on the sofa- running over to him excited and completely walking past Donghyuck.

He bit at his lower lip to stop himself from bursting out with the confusion of anger and he grip tightened on the spoon.

"-okay but this time I'll beat you at the game!" Hana pouted bumping her shoulder against his as she huffed and began frantically tapping the keys of the controller.

Mark laughed angelically, his voice vibrating in his chest and filling the room.

"Here let me show you."

He leaned over to her and wrapped his arms around her from the side, his chest on the back of her arm despite the blundering of his heart.

His hands rested on top of hers and her cheeks reddened majorly, leaving her breathless at the close proximity.

"Like this, here look." He spoke lowly, his breaths hitting her ear and Hana gulped, nodding and looking down at his larger hands compared to hers.

She bit back the urge to smile from happiness and turned her head- faces a lot closer than ever and soon his actions halted and his eyes flickered from her own and then to her lips.

The air around them changed and in that second it felt right, the urge to kiss her and the urge to kiss him.

"Hey Hana,"

They both retracted away from each other at lightening speed and Mark cleared his throat awkwardly when Hana sat further away from him, cheeks heated up feverishly.

Donghyuck stood there in front of them but this time he wasn't smiling.
"Can we talk?"

He didn't give time for her to reply as he began walking over to his room and Hana frowned in confusion but got up to follow him.

She glanced back at Mark who was just as red as she was before she entered Donghyuck's room.

Hana had been sleeping in Mark's room while he moved back into the 127 dorm after leaving dream and she hadn't really been in here since.

When she got inside Donghyuck's back was to her and her prescriptions and open diary was on his bed.

Her breath hitched.
"Hyuck wh-"
"Why didn't you tell me?"

Hana shifted her weight on her feet, feeling awfully exposed and she couldn't tell what his reaction was.

"You were hurting this whole time and you didn't tell me... I'm your best friend- well I thought I was-"

"Hyuck-"
He turned around, blood shot and teary eyes looking down at her with his fists balled up.

"I thought we were best friends yet we haven't spoken in weeks- you haven't even looked at me in weeks." He said through his thick voice.

He could feel himself on the verge of tears.
"Do you know how shit I feel? I've been calling you every insult under the sun and you never told me you were feeling this way. It fucking hurts me because I thought you knew I would never ever judge you, I wouldn't Hana!" He cried out, frustrated.

She bit her lip, staying silent.

"I've known you for years, we've been best friends for years and I've told you my darkest fucking secrets and I'd never force you to tell me but you'd rather tell Mark than me- which is fine and I know you like him but I feel like an idiot because I wanted to be the one to help you-"

"Hyuck that's not what it's about, I didn't tell him because I like him-"

"You'd rather be his best friend wouldn't you?"

The sheer tone that he spoke, broken and small made Hana's heart squeeze painfully and a tear rolled down his flushed cheek.
Her eyes widened.

He inhaled a shaky breath, feeling suffocated in the room.
"I'm sorry for not being enough for you, I tried my hardest to." He whispered, striding over to the door and slamming it shut behind him.

Hana's breath was caught in her throat and tears now spilled out of her eyes and she hastily opened the door to follow after the boy.

"Hyuck, Donghyuck!" Hana cried out, running towards the boy who had reached the front door but he didn't reply, leaving with tears flurrying down his face.

"I think you should leave it for now Hana, he's been upset for a while," Chenle began from the kitchen with a heavy sigh.

"He's been like this for weeks."