~Eleven~

eleven

Wynter woke in the softest bed ever. Like holy Gods, it was like she was sleeping on a fluffy white cloud. She was laying on her side with the Arctic Fox curled up, nuzzling into her stomach, up the tiny animal radiated warmth and security. Stroking its white fur, the elemental hybrid tried to remember her dream.

But all she could see in her mind was a quick flash of amber, whiskey coloured eyes and a playful smirk.

A little vision that had plagued her ever since her mother had turned her.

The white haired vampire would give anything, anything at all, just to know who he was. Why was he in her dreams? Did her dream of her? Would they ever meet?

"Elijah?" She called out softly and a moment later, the brown haired man slowly opened her door. The elemental yawned at him then blushing with embarrassment, "Sorry..."

"Good morning, Wynter." The Mikaelson smirked, amused by her sleepy eyes and messy hair.

The Arctic Fix suddenly jolted up, its head sticking out from under the blanket, on high alert.

"What is that wonderful smell, Lijah?" The younger vampire breathed in, humming with delight.

The Original's smirk grew and opened the door wider to show her a small table with a plateful of bacon, eggs and sausages, a glass of orange juice and some buttered toast, "You showed me something wonderful last night, Wynter. I thought that I'd give you something in return.

The woman smiled beautifully, "It was nothing, but thank you, Elijah, I really appreciate it."

He placed the small table on her lap and slipped a piece of bacon to the fox, who took it, then licked his hand. The Mikaelson smiled, then moved to leave when Wynter stopped him.

"Wait."

Pausing, the older vampire look at her, into her wide, hopeful, ice coloured eyes and hummed in question.

"Could you, maybe, do something else for me?"

:3

A very sickly looking Katherine was leaning her forehead against the chilled wall of the tomb, thinking of her precious daughter and every time she'd ever smiled at her. Which was almost all the damn time. Her beautiful girl, the Petrova hoped she'd done a good job with Wynter and liked to think she would have been a good mother to her baby, had she not been taken away.

Her delirious thoughts were cut short when the sound of someone clearing their throat echoed into her prison.

Sluggishly, Kat turned her head slowly to see a blank faced Mikaelson staring at her with his hands behind his back. As handsome as always.

"Elijah..." the woman's voice was hoarse and scratchy, "How can I help you this fine morning?"

The Original's chocolate eyes dropped to the ground, "Your daughter-"

Even though she had not fed in days, weeks, she'd lost count, Katherine sped over to the tomb's doorway, "What have you done to her?!" The brunette demanded.

The Mikaelson rose an eyebrow, "Nothing. I actually wanted to commend you. She's a wonderful person."

The younger vampire took a step back, amused above all things, that her daughter had managed to charm an Original. Without even trying.

"She's not at all like you."

Her lips pulled back and bared her teeth, even though she agreed wholeheartedly with him.

"She asked me to give these," Elijah showed her a few bags of blood, "After everything you have ever done, Katerina, you've finally managed to find someone who actually loves you."

The brunette pulled her hungry gaze away from the blood that he placed in the doorway of the tomb, the blood that her baby had asked to be given to her. She gulped and looked to the opposite wall, "Is she safe?"

Elijah dipped his head, affirming Wynter's safety and Kat let out a relieved sigh, before staring right into his eyes, "I don't trust the Salvatores. If they figure out who she is-"

He was gone before she could finish her sentence.

:3

Speeding away from the cemetery, Elijah' mind wandered to all times his brother would tell him in detail of his Dream Girl. It amused him to no end, but when they both me the elemental Adair, the Mikaelson's doubts on his twin's dreams of a girl was practically the personification of winter, dancing with him in falling snow, faded and he had hoped that perhaps he could help Aleksander find his one true love.

Then they'd received word from Aleks's friend that he and his wife Rose had just had a daughter and wanted him specifically to meet her.

But what they found... very well destroyed any hope Aleksander had.

His younger brother turned off his emotions, becoming an entirely different person that scared even their hybrid brother. And it was like the other supernatural creatures of the world, forgot he was a Mikaelson, an Original Vampire.

Aleks made a name for himself as he brought village after village to their knees, almost obliterating one. He was predatory and fox like, deadly and turning everything and anything into a riddle with a grin on his face.

The Nogitsune was what they called him.

It took him, Niklaus, a few druids and another fox like creature to bring him down and lock away that darkness.

Everyone liked to believe that it all over now, that it would never happen again.

But Elijah believe it.

Because a twin knows a twin.