↘︎ chapter seventy-two

72 | Eight Potters

"You all got the plan, right?" asked Alastor Moody the big group of people, gathered at the garden of the Burrow. Everyone nodded. Harry Potter's relocation to the Burrow would take place tonight, and there were fifteen members of the Order of the Phoenix here ready to head for 4 Privet Drive. Mrs. Weasley and Ginny Weasley would say bye to them. There were too many defense spells around the house and they would climb to the hill to the other side and go from there.

"Any questions?" he asked again.

Marley Macmillan looked around at Hagrid's motorbike and the five broomsticks they would use. There were also two Thestrals.

"Mad-Eye, and not only you," said Mrs. Weasley, worry flashing in her eyes. "Take care of them. They're just children."

"We're not!" at the same time exclaimed Marley, Ron and Hermione.

"We are all overage, so don't worry about us, Mom." said Fred Weasley.

"Molly, we don't have time for more talks." growled Moody, carefully watching the group of people in the garden. "We have to go."

After everyone had hurriedly talked to Mrs. Weasley and Ginny, they headed for the hill where they were going. Now Moody said chaotically about who to travel with, while everything was well thought out for their return.

All Marley could understand was that George would travel with her mother, Brielle Macmillan, on a Thestral. And Marley got on another, along with Remus Lupin. Since George had never been alone with her mother, now was a good opportunity for her to chat with him after her daughter was living with him for a month so far.

By two minutes, everyone was already flying into the sky, which was orange to deep bloody red. The sun was setting down, and with it the night ahead. After Marley and Lupin rose up in the air, the girl thought about Dumbledore. After his death and funeral in Hogwarts, everything was much more difficult now.

He had always helped everyone and knew the answers to everything. She was right that day in the hospital wing, which seemed to her like centuries ago. She was right that they were already alone. However, the Wizarding World had lost an extraordinarily great wizard, and Voldemort's power was growing.

"Hey, Marley!" yelled Lupin. His voice sounded muted because of the strong wind. "You okay out there?"

"Yes, I'm fine," she said. "It's a bit cold, but I'm totally fine."

"Great," he replied quietly. "So, after you graduated, have you thought what you wanted to do? I learned from Brie you wanted to be an Auror."

Marley had shared her dream with her mother and the Weasley twins. But not with too many people, only with her closest. She wasn't mad Lupin knew. He was a clever man and could even give her an advice.

"Uhm, yes," she said. "But you need to study a lot. And right now, there is a war. I want to help. Maybe I will start to study for an Auror after the war."

"But no one knows how long it will be. It could be even ten years." said Lupin. Marley nodded, because he was really right. But two years had already passed since the start of the Second Wizarding War. Before she could say anything, the small, shabby houses of Little Whinning appeared before them.

"We are going down!" roared Moody, who had ridden a broom and behind him was the so-hated Mundungus Fletcher. Marley didn't even understand why he was here when he didn't want to. But obviously Moody insisted. Or because he didn't believe him at all and wanted to keep an eye on him.

The group began to go down sharply, and the fact that Marley's body was transparent from the effects of the Disillusionment Charms began to fade a little, and her hands were already gaining density.