30

Alexandra headed to her dorm as quickly as she could, hoping she could get her things and leave before lunch finished, but had no such luck. Megan was laying on her bed reading a comic book.
"Alex?" She asked. "I thought you were in the hospital wing." Alexandra just shrugged in reply. She picked up her bag with the last few things she needed, before trying to leave. "Wait-" Megan said. "Where are you going?"

"Out." Alexandra shrugged. Megan followed after.

"No no no. You can't do that." Megan rushed to stand in her way.

"Do what?"

"Stay in the hospital wing for over a week and then emerge and go back to ignoring us. We were worried about you."

"I was fine."

"What even happened?"

"Nothing."

"That git Malfoy's saying you and Hermione were duelling and she won." Alexandra snorted.

"That's creative."

"He's been saying it to insult your family."

"I'll hex him into the next year if he says it to my face." Alexandra shrugged and tried to step past Megan. "I need to go."

"No way. It's almost the start of Christmas break and I know you're not staying which means this is one of the last chances we have to see you for the next two weeks."

"I already have plans for today."

"With Hermione?"

"I have to go talk to the teachers." Alexandra stepped around Megan. She rushed away, taking as many turns as she could. Getting to the disappearing room would be impossible, it was on the other side of Hogwarts. She looked around and saw the stairwell to the astronomy tower and quickly headed up there. She sat on the ground beside the arched doorways that led outside to the parapet. She continued tinkering with the boxes she planned to sneak into the twins' pockets. It was a few hours before she was interrupted. Someone flew in on their broom. She didn't flinch but looked up, masking her surprise. It was Cedric.

"Alex!" He grinned.

"Cedric." She frowned. "I'm sorry I didn't know you were going to be here."

"That's okay," He said. "You're allowed to come here."

"Okay." She said, but still stood to leave.

"You don't have to go." He said and she nodded.

"I want to." She said and he faked being shot in the heart.

"Ouch!" He clutched at his chest. Alexandra hid her smile. "Come on. Stay up here. We can share a tower." He told her.

"I should go, anyway." Alexandra said and left. She headed to Dumbledore's office and up the lift. "Professor?" She called.

"Miss Weasley." He said, "Come in."

"Hi, headmaster." Alexandra walked into the room, timidly.

"What can I do for you, Miss Weasley?"

"I just wanted to know when I'd get the results for my exams. Or do I need to get them from each professor."

"No need, I was going to mail them to you for tomorrow, but now's as good a time as any, I suppose."

"Yes please." He picked up a large brown envelope from his desk and handed it to her. Alexandra looked at it for a second before taking it and opening it.

Name: Alexandra Weasley
Date(s): 7th & 8th December 1991
Exam results
Potions: O
Transfiguration: E
Herbology: O
Charms: O
History of magic: O
Astronomy: O
Flying: O

"Congratulations, Miss Weasley." Dumbledore said. "For a first year, you seem to have a firm grasp in subjects meant for a student years ahead of you."

"I just- my parents- it's not-" Alexandra tried to explain.

"You aren't in trouble, Miss Weasley. Quite the contrary, in fact. Now, I've already sent a copy of your results to your parents."

"Oh no."

"I will suggest that you be transferred to Mahoutokoro school of wizadry. It may be the only school that can challenge you academically."

"Japan?"

"Only if you agree. I'm not sure if Hogwarts is suited to someone with your academic prowess." Alexandra shrugged.

"It's a day school. We have no relatives in Japan and I can't commute from there to England every day." She said. "And it was tough enough convincing my parents to let me come to Hogwarts this year."

"Never you mind any of that. If you had the choice, would you think about it?" He picked up a leaflet and held it out to her. She looked at it hesitantly.

"Do I have to say yes or no now?"

"Of course not. Take your time." She nodded and took the leaflet, before turning to leave.

"Thank you, headmaster." She said, and walked out. Going to a school in Japan seemed better in theory. She knew she was getting too attached to Hogwarts, to Hermione and Snape. Leaving would be the logical thing to do, but as long as Quildemort was there, she couldn't leave. She couldn't let Harry, Ron and Hermione face him on their own. She looked at the time and saw it was almost dinner. She shoved the leaflet into her inside pocket and headed to the great hall.

She got there while it was still half empty. She quickly took a seat facing the gryffindor table so she could signal to Hermione when she was ready. People started to fill in, and she ducked her head, hoping her roommates and Cedric wouldn't notice her and sit elsewhere. No such luck

"Alex!" Charlie sat in front of her and she rolled her eyes.

"Charlie." She replied in a bored tone.

"Hello."

"Hi." Alex looked down at her food.

"That's it?" Megan said. "Just hello?"

"What am I supposed to say?"

"How about, thank you guys for worrying about me while I was in the hospital for the past week, refusing to take any visitors. But don't worry, I'm feeling better now."

"Thank you guys for worrying about me while I was in the hospital for the past week, refusing to take any visitors. But don't worry, I'm feeling better now." She repeated. Megan rolled her eyes.

"Megan." Hannah tugged on her arm softly.

"Whatever." Megan sighed.

"How are you feeling now?" Susan asked.

"I'm fine. Really." Alexandra said. "Thank you guys, but I swear, I'm okay." She looked up and caught Hermione's eyes. She gave the gryffindor a nod and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Alexandra smirked.

"You'll see." She ran out of the hall and looked around. She muttered the disillusionment charm as soon as she knew there was no one around. Satisfied that she had perfectly blended to her surroundings, she headed back into the great hall.

"Madam Pomfrey was saying that Alex'll be fine." Hermione was telling the Weasleys. All four boys had their eyes on her. "She just has to lay low a little, try not to exhaust herself."

"Why did she collapse in the first place? What happened?" Fred asked.

"Does it have anything to do with the last year? Is she stressed?"

"Alex was just tired." Hermione assured. Alexandra looked at her brothers guiltily, but continued, placing each box in the twins' robe pockets. She quickly hurried out of the hall before her spell wore off. True invisibility spells were pretty much impossible.