Chapter- 6

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Next morning,
"Ohho.. so this is the reason someone is so happy today?" said Swarna.

"Haan maa. I made Aloo Paratha for him last night and he appreciated it" said Naira happily.

"I am so happy for you Naira. Believe me, this is just the beginning." said Swarna caressing her head.

"But maa.. I am still not sure if he is okay with me to join company." said Naira.

"He will be fine with it. Don't worry." said Swarna and went from there.

After sometime, Kartik, Naira and Manish left for office. And as expected, Kartik straightaway went to his cabin not waiting for Naira.

"Jaane do usse Naira. Come with me. And this is you cabin." said Manish.

"Naira Kartik Goenka, Assistant General Manager, Goenka Group of Industries" Naira read the name plate on the door.

"Come inside" Manish said and she went into the cabin.

"See beta. This is your desk and chair. All the necessary things are kept here. Kartik's cabin is right beside you.. Still if you need anything, just call me or Kartik. Hmm?" said Manish.

"Thanks papa." said Naira and bent down to touch his feet.

"You're welcome. And all the very best! I know you will do well." said Manish giving her blessing.

For the rest of the day, Naira was busy with introductory meetings with Kartik. He introduced her to the staffs and clients through video conferencing.

In the evening, there was a scheduled meeting and Kartik introduced Naira to the clients first.. Just after, Naira started introducing herself to the clients but the clients got irritated because of the sound of her bangles.

Later on, Naira was noting down some important points. While writing, her bangles made sound again.

"Mrs Goenka, If you don't mind, can you please remove these bangles? They are making noise and disturbing us." said one of the clients.

"Yes please. The sound is distracting us" said one of the employees.

Naira apologised to them and excused herself and left the meeting room.

"How can you allow her to put such distracting things Mr Goenka? Don't you get annoyed of it?" said a client.

Kartik remembered how her bangles made a melodious sound while she was tieing her hair into a bun that day. The sound of her bangles are an indication of her being around him. It gives him hint that she is somewhere around him. How could he get annoyed of that sound?

"Mr Goenka?" called another client.

"Yeah? Yeah I am.. sorry. Let's continue the meeting." He said and finished the meeting in few minutes and rushed to Naira's cabin. He saw her removing all the bangles and weeping silently.

He knocked in the door to get her attention and she stood up immediately wiling her tears.

"I am sorry for the disturbance." said Naira and started to remove the bangles again.

"Why are you removing them?" he asked.

"It makes noise and disturbs everyone. I should have thought about it." she said.

"But you like wearing them!" said Kartik and Naira looked at him.

"It's fine. It's okay to remove them now." replied Naira and continued her work.

"Why?" he asked bewildered.

"Because.. three months have already passed. I can remove them after three months of marriage." she replied and he realised that it's already been three months they got married.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I know it's a short one but please bear with it. Sorry for the delay and also sorry for not replying to your comments as I was offline. I had my boards from 1st April but now as my exams has been postponed so will give a few updates before I disappear again.

Stay home and be safe everyone.

Vote and comment♥️