Day 423

400 Days After Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 9

I put the phone receiver back to its place and lean back. I feel like that call took all of my energy away. Talking to Maria Perez can be quite taxing sometimes.

A few seconds later, there's a knock on my office door and Kate peeked in. When she saw that I wasn't busy, she entered the room. "Ma'am, may naghahanap po sa inyo sa labas."

"Sino daw?"

"Mitch Cortez daw po."

I bit my lip and closed my eyes when I heard the name. I thought she's going to the States for good. Why the hell is she back in the country?

"Pwede ko naman po sabihin na busy kayo kung ayaw niyo po siya makita." Kate suggested.

"May kasama ba siya? Anong oras pa ba siya dumating?" I asked.

"Mag-isa lang po siya, mga 10 minutes na po siya naghihintay. May kausap lang po kayo sa phone kanina kaya ngayon ko lang natanong kung gusto niyo siya makausap."

"May meetings pa ba ako today?"

"May 2:30 meeting po kayo with the marketing team."

I checked my watch, that's twenty minutes away. I can't hide from Mitch, I should deal with her now.

"Sige, ako na bahala."

Kate left the room and I followed after her. Mitch is sitting on the lounge chair we have beside one of our conference rooms and she stood up when she saw me.

Before Mitch can reach me, I turn to look at Kate. "Let the marketing team know I want the room prepped para on time yung meeting natin."

Kate nodded and scurried off to the marketing team, leaving me with Mitch. I motion for Mitch to follow me to my office.

"Pano mo nalaman kung nasaan ako?" I asked her as I open my office door for her.

"Jaime," Mitch stopped in the middle of my office and looked around. "I found him sa usual bar natin."

I let out a sigh. "I don't go there that much anymore."

"Bakit naman?" Mitch dropped her black handbag on my desk.

I'm still by the door, holding the handle in case I need a quick escape. "I have my reasons."

As usual, Mitch is wearing a tight body fitting red dress with her cleavage in clear view. Her hair is now wavy blonde and to match her outfit, she has the brightest red lipstick on. The old Jellane would have salivated on her sight and would have wanted to rip that skimpy dress off her as soon as they're left alone in a room, but now all I see is how bright she looks that it almost hurts my eyes.

Mitch made her way to me. "I missed you."

I gripped the door handle and she stopped, realizing that I'm tense.

"Okay ka lang ba?"

"I'm fine."

"Di mo ba ako na-miss?"

"Not really, no." I reply. "Akala ko ba you're staying in the States for good?"

"Yeah, but who said I can't come back for a vacation?"

"Kailan ka pa dumating?"

"Kahapon."

I looked away from her. Her dress is a little too aggressive to my eyes.

She reached for my chin and made me look at her. "What's wrong?"

I stared at her lustful eyes. "Why are you here?"