chapter V ༄

We never get free, lamb to the slaughter

          | Blood//Water - grandson

Julia was longingly looking at Riddle, who was dancing with one of the Slytherin girls

Julia was longingly looking at Riddle, who was dancing with one of the Slytherin girls. He wasn't looking at his partner, but at Julia. The corner of his lips moved upwards, forming a seductive smirk, kind of like he wanted to ask her: "Are you jealous?".

"Goddamnit, Lia! Stop whining, I am trying to sleep!" a pillow was thrown at Julia which made her instantly wake up from the bad dream. Even though it was dark in the dormitory, she recognized the voice, which was none else's than Pandora's.

"What are you complaining for? I didn't say a word." the girl replied. "And don't ever throw a pillow at me!"

"I didn't say a word blah blah blah...-" Pandora mocked her friend. "-Didn't you hear yourself? You were whining in your sleep, constantly saying nonsense things."

"Like what?"

"You said the word 'no' so many times and also some inaudible things. You also mentioned Tom Riddle." you could hear from Pandora's voice that she was smiling while saying the last sentence. "Is there something going on between the two of you?"

"No. There's nothing going on. Now go to sleep, you creep." Julia threw the pillow back at her friend, making her groan.

"Oh, Lia. You are such a bad liar."

"I told you to stop. I also want to sleep, in case you haven't noticed. And I wasn't lying!"

"Sure you weren't, you naughty girl."

"Good niiight!" Julia said quickly so she could avoid more questions.

"Haha, night!"

~

Breakfast in the Great Hall was over, and the pupils were ready for the lessons. First class was Defense Against the Dark Arts held by professor Galatea Merrythought. It went by quickly, hence most of the students were good at this subject. Second period was Divination, then Charms, followed by Transfiguration, Astronomy being the fifth period, and lastly, Potions.

Even though Julia didn't learn much on her first brewing lesson with Tom, she managed to read about Potions, therefore advancing in the subject. Hell, even professor Slughorn acknowledged her.

"I have to admit, Miss.Wallis, that your potion turned out to be very remarkable. I feel the lessons with Mr.Riddle helped you, didn't they?" the professor approached her.

"I reckon, yes. A little bit. I also put my brain into learning more about this subject, professor." she replied, not wanting to think about Tom.

"Ah, I see, I see. Well, you really put effort in your work, which I appreciate. Ten points for Ravenclaw." Slughorn smiled.

"Thank you, professor."