7. Anguish

~◍☆-✿-☆◍~

"Do you guys think that it was a joke? And you expect us to be mere spectators while you jump into more and more stupid decisions?" Durgaprasad roared listening to Ragini while she flinched at the stern voice.

"But Papa" Ragini tried to explain.

"Papa, I accept my mistake. Please don't get upset on her or anyone else." Lakshya stated hesitantly earning a glare from Durgaprasad.

"All your mistake?" Adarsh asked.

"Ofcourse, Lakshya! You couldn't think of the future when you declared to marry Ragini?" Sujatha retorted. "And you Ragini, we can understand Laksh's impulsiveness. But you! You were not like this."

"Chachi, I..." Ragini closed her eyes and took a breath. "Please understand, now its useless to argue on past. So I think we should do what is better for future." She mustered up whole courage in her.

"Durgaprasad Ji, I apologize for the sudden step taken by Ragini. This is not our opinion, but what children need. We, parents always dream to see children leading a peaceful life. I think this time they've made decision after thinking deeply." Shekhar tried to bring down the pressure among the two families.

"We can't take a sudden decision, Shekhar Ji. Need to think about it. We genuinely thought of having a talk but never thought of annulling Laksh and Ragini's marriage, it was unexpected from your side. Anyways give us sometime." Annapurna told the Gadodhia family realizing the matter will get worse in the wrath of Durgaprasad.

•~•×✿ו~•

"How much time you spend for deciding this?" Sanskar asked.

"I don't know. Ragini only decided." Came Swara's reply, her voice distant and cold.

"You're fine now, right?" Laksh asked with concern. "I never expected and wished Ragini to back out from this relation."

Ragini rolled her eyes on Sankar's question. "Do you think I'm that much weak, Dosth?"

SwaLak and RagSan were having conversation after the elders' discussion. The whole atmosphere was tensed and it affected Ragini the most even though she tried to put up a courageous face taking a stand for her future, in other way, SwaLak's marriage. The friends decided to have a light time pouring their hearts out (may be, not everything).

"No. You're so strong Ragini, far from what I thought." Sanskar expressed his feeling. "I know how it feels to lose one's love. But you're letting go of yours for your sister. That needs guts. I never thought you would do this."

"I also never thought." A lone tear escaped from Ragini's eyes. "Are you feeling good to be my friend? Do you feel that I'm not worthy of your friendship? Or maybe I'm..."

"Ragini..." Sanskar held her shoulders. "You know what I'm proud of having you as a friend. In fact, you're my best friend. I'm lucky yaar. One second, am I worthy of your friendship?"

"Do you know Sanskar, I'm indebted to you. You saved me from being a typical negative character." Ragini smiled looking Sanskar who is having 'what! Me?' look. "May be I would have gone to any extent to get Laksh if you had continued with your revenge. But you got me into another track which is much peaceful. Now with this, I think you don't have to prove your worth. You're very precious for me, Sanskar!" Ragini held Sanskar's hand in hers.

"Are you sure about giving upon your love?"

"I have faith in my love, Sankar. That's why I'm able to respect Laksh and Swara's love. Can you imagine your wife longing for her love in front of you? Death would be better than living such a life, right? I can never choose such a life."