Chapter 34

Elena's POV

"Ahhh!" I shrieked when everyone jumped out of their hiding spots and shouted, "Surprise!"

When Ethan said beach party I was expecting something small and well more beach. Not a tent that's set kinda far from the beach. I will admit that it looks very nice though. The yellow balloons and the surf boards that match with the yellow flowy dress that Ethan was so eager on me wearing gave the setting an even more beachy feel. With the sun setting, this is all kinda looks majestic. Music was softly playing in the background and everyone looked like they were expecting me to say something.

"This is nice and all but what's this for?" I awkwardly tried whispering to Ethan.

But obviously someone had to hear. "This my darling," started mom as she pulled me away from Ethan. "Is your baby shower slash engagement party."

"You guys really did this for us?" My heart warmed at their actions.

"Not for Ethan. Just you." Mom said.

"Some of us only did it for the free food" Sean appeared.

"Sean. I'm the one that's pregnant, but I think you eat more than me, scratch that, you eat more than me."

"Don't mind him, he's been a food vacuum from the time he was born. It's a wonder he still looks like a stick." I burst out in laughter at Mom's words.

She brought me to where JoJo and Abby were.

"Ahhh! Look at you. Must say, yellow is so your color." JoJo burst out.

"Yep. You're totally slaying the pregnancy mama." Abby came over to hug me.

"I feel like the pregnancy is slaying me." I humorously groaned out.

"Don't worry. A few more weeks and you're ready to pop." Abby exaggerated by making an explosive gesture with her hands.

Abby, JoJo and I chatted for a couple more minutes till JoJo went off to dance with Abby and I ended socializing with a few people because my feet hurt and I couldn't dance. Marcus eventually dragged me away from the group of women that I'd been conversing with about pregnancy and baby's so I could cut the cake.

The looked so beautiful. It's a three tier cake with the words Soon to be Mom&Dad, Soon to be Mr&Mrs written on the second tier of the cake in dark chocolate. I instantly fell in love with it. With the chocolate roses that covered the bottom tier of the cake and the baby footprints that were littered after the words mom&dad. I totally love this cake.

"What flavor is it?" I whispered to whoever was behind me.

"Black Forest." Marcus answered and placed the knife in my hand.

"Where's Ethan? Shouldn't we be doing this together?" I looked around.

"I'm here babe." Ethan shuffled to my side.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you since we got here" I questioned.

"Just been making sure that everything is running smoothly." He smiled and placed his hand on top of mine that held the knife.

"Okay, on three!" Mom shouted while fixing the camera around her neck.

"One, two, three!" Everyone counted down.

Ethan and I sliced through the cake. I cut out a small piece and fed it to him. He scooped some icing on his finger then dabbed it on my nose. He then moved down gave me brief kiss before moving away with a huge smile on his face.

"Got it!" Mom shouted.

I looked up at her and noticed that she'd taken shots of Ethan and I.

"Thank you." Abby grabbed the knife from my hand and started cutting little squares on the cake.