[ 3.02 ] - Intermediate: Where my heart resides

Intermediate: Where my heart resides

[ 3.02 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 12

I stood, inhaling the clean, familiar air that I had longed to breathe. I had forgotten how long it had been since I've gone to City Z in the spring in which the air was most refreshing.

I felt nostalgic.

Just being here takes me back to the time where I decided that I would live here for the rest of my life. Though that did not happen, I am still grateful to say that this will forever be my safe haven.

"Ryenne, let's get going. We need to unpack." Ryun calls out to me.

As I was in a good mood, I complied without much of a fight despite his snappy tone. He watched me for a moment, his eyes narrowed and brows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm surprised that Ryn and Yoon aren't fighting." Ryon whispered to Kaine who had tagged along with us to City Z. His excuse was that he wanted to check out the hiking trails around the area, though we all knew his main goal was to eat.

"Well, it's a good thing isn't it?" With a bright smile, Kaine then turns his attention towards me. "Little Ryn, you're in a good mood."

I let out a small laugh as I nodded in agreement. "I am very excited to be back here. I feel at ease in this atmosphere."

"That's true. Everywhere you look, it's just filled with some sort of vibrant scenery. It's no wonder Grandma Esme loves it here." He comments as he observes the ever changing surroundings.

The two brothers had long picked up their paces and left the two of us behind as we conversed over City Z's beauty. A conversation I have longed to have with another person.

I sighed dreamily.

"Is something the matter?"

I look up to my brother in name as his light grey eyes watched me with his undivided attention. Although a feint part of me still feels exceptionally fond, I have long pushed the feeling away.

It is obvious to me that Kaine only sees me as his little sister, and I have come to terms with it, knowing that it is impossible for us to even be virtually imagined together. After many years of being in such close proximity, I have instead turned what emotion I had previously into familial love as I have long become a witness to the public display of affection from both he and his girlfriend Louise (of course this information has been hidden from the public through the sanctuary of the brothers' home).

I believe it was only recently that Kaine had realized Louise had feeling for him, though I can say with certainty that Louise had liked him long ago. Possibly even before I had met her.

Truly, they were an unlikely pair considering their families' feud.

And so, as I gave a feint smile, I just shook my head as I gazed up at the sky lovingly.

"Nothing's wrong...I just missed this place."

As I spoke, we had arrived to my grandmother's residence where everyone else had been waiting.

"Took the both of you long enough!" Ryun exclaims as he huffed and threw his arms in the air. In contrast, Ryon just stood with his unreadable smile and his eyes half threatening.

Kaine and I weren't fazed and just shrugged in response as we passed by the two and down the hall towards our respective rooms.

"They're idiots for waiting for us, aren't they?" Kaine chuckles, causing me to do so as well.

"Possibly. Einah may have also forced them to wait for us too." Turning around, I find that both were tailing behind us.

"That's right. If Einah hadn't been there, I would've long left you both in the dust and went to sleep." Ryun comments.

"I think I would've waited even if Einah hadn't told us." As usual, the two were contradictory of the other.

I just shook my head before I turned a corner to separate from them. My room was on the opposite side of theirs due to having my very own courtyard, though I didn't mind the isolation. I wouldn't have to worry about the boys being rowdy when they stay up late at nights.

And so, without any more distractions, I slide a door open, exposing my courtyard to me. Although well cared for, it was, overall, extremely plain due to my absence. The only thing that stood out was the cherry tree in full bloom.

The courtyard was showered with pink petals, creating a beautiful scene.

I found myself just standing in awe. The only emotion I could feel at this moment was joy.

This place, City Z, is where my heart resides.

24 March x029

Author's note:
Greetings!
So this chapter is quite the long one, and it is my goal to continue to write chapters that reach a length greater than this one.
Personally, I am very satisfied with this one. I feel like many previous chapters lacked depth in Ryenne's thoughts so I really hope you guys also enjoyed this chapter!

Question:
Should I write additional chapters in Xael, Litheon, or Isa's perspectives on their activities while Ryenne is away?

25.3.2020