◆18

Mentions of animal cruelty ahead

"You see this Son?"

Lee Myunho asked the young 6 year old as they walked through the barn full of caged animals- snarling and injured.

The stench of blood filled the air and the 6 year old clung onto his Father.
Myunho sneered in distaste, flinging the boy to the ground where the claws of a wolf managed to scrape at his arm through the cage.

Wailing, Jeno grabbed at his bloodied arm- wanting to go home.

"How do you expect to take the role of leader if you can't take a mere scratch you son of a whore."

Jeno's big eyes filled with tears and fear of his Father, trembling and he was harshly picked up by his hair, yelping.

His head was tilted back, scalp burning and tears rolled down his face.
"I-it hurts Dad."

"Good." The man spat in Jeno's face, dragging the boy over to where two bulls were fighting.

"If you're weak, you die."

The 6 year old watched as the weaker bull died, the image scarring him forever and his Father walked towards Jeno with a knife in hand, grabbing the small baby wolf.

Jeno stared down at it as it stood by his feet, clutching onto his ankle with a cry and his eyes trailed up to his Father's sinister glare.

"Kill it." He thrusted the blade towards the 6 year old who's eyes widened at the sight, shaking his head and stepped back.

"You can't?" His Dad tilted his head with venom in his eyes and strided to the boy, making the young child scramble back till he fell on the rocks.

Myunho grabbed the wolf, slitting the side of its neck and blood mixed with its deafening cries made Jeno screw his eyes shut.

Myunho held the bleeding wolf above the little boy, the droplets of crimson falling onto the young boy who trembled

"Open your eyes."

Jeno sucked his bottom lip in, biting down at it and his Father's voice boomed through the air.

"OPEN YOUR EYES!"

Terrified, Jeno opened his eyes to see the orbs of the wolf hovering over him, snarling in pain and bleeding onto him.

Jeno cried out, whimpering and his Father held the knife out to him.

"Kill it."

Jeno shook his head.
"I-i can't."
"You can't? You can't do it? Well either you kill it or I'll kill her."

Myunho pointed to the person gagged and tied up, struggling against the restraints and tears leaked out of Jeno's eyes.

"P-please D-dad...I can't."

Myunho was silent, scaring Jeno before the knife was thrusted besides his head, making his scream echo.

He brought his face close to Jeno's with voided eyes.
"Kill it now." He gritted out with menacing eyes.

Jeno felt sick to his stomach, wanting to run away but his body paralysed in sheer fear.

Shakily, the 6 year old boy grabbed the handle of the knife and it felt heavy in his small innocent hand.

The wolf whimpered, eyes burning into Jeno's and the young boy sobbed as he thrusted the blade into it.