Ch. 29

As the party wraps up Charlie, Braxton and Alix and I are the last to leave. "Thank you again. It really meant the world to us." Charlie says, turning to hug me.

"I'm just happy we pulled it off. I left a portion of the preparations is the boys hands. They didn't disappoint. Probably the first time they've ever heard that." I say, pinching Alix's cheek.

She laughs. "That was very brave of you."

I sigh, dramatically. "Well, not all hero's wear capes." I say, bragging brushing at my shoulders.

"No, they don't but I'll have one made for you." Braxton states, closing the trunk of the suv with all their gifts in it. He picks up the large farmed photo of Charlie and her grandfather and sides it in the backseat of the car, being extra careful.

"I'll see you soon." I tell her as she makes her way to the passengers seat.

Braxton kisses me on the temple. "I owe you big time." He says, his eyes holding mine. I feel his heartfelt thankfulness and pat his chest lovingly.

"Don't you forget it. I'll be cashing that in at some point." I tease.

He nods smiling and gets in the driver's seat. Cairo and Alexia left earlier in the night. Wanting to get back to the city at a decent hour.

"Come on." Alix says, tugging me towards his car.

"Lets just stay here." I suggest, knowing full well he won't go for it. "We could help clean up tomorrow."

"I'll set up a cleaning crew." He states, blandly.

"We're already here." I say, pulling him towards the front door.

His eyes narrow on me, and I see his irritation. "Don't even try it."

I roll my eyes. "You're so grumpy when you don't get it on the regular, Mr. Greco."

"Its been days." He reminds me, like its the most heinous thing I could do to him.

"You've gone without for longer than that." I counter.

"Not while sleeping in the same bed as you. Its torture." He states, seriously.

"So dramatic. We should say bye to my parents."

"I already did." He replies, dragging me to the car and opening the door.