Prologue

This is a type of story I've been wanting to write for a while. I really wanted to read a story about aliens and humans but couldn't find many I wanted. So, hopefully, writing this story makes up for it.

Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think :)

Ella

Instagram: ellabunbino

All channels switched to the Head of the Government at exactly 12.03 pm on Saturday the 23rd of October.

Lola, from the safety of her sofa, looked up at the screen with wide eyes. Not only had her favourite film been cut halfway through but now the Prime Minister was staring at her through the screen. She slowly put down the remote and shuffled forward in her seat, her interest piqued. 

"At exactly, 11.50 am on this day NASA received a message sent from a neighbouring galaxy. This message confirms clearly that an intelligent life form does exist and they have the ability to communicate. They call themselves the Xyons and state that they wish no harm among our species. NASA is working as we speak to send a message back - these are unprecedented times. Please remain updated as news comes through."

By the time this announcement had finished and her film resumed, Lola's jaw was brushing the carpet. She always believed that there must be some multi-cellular organism lifeform out there, but not so close. They were merely a galaxy away and in space terms, that wasn't far.

The first thing she did was lunge for her phone and text her friend.

Aliens exist.

And they sound nice?

Lola was just about to find out.