Chapter five

Chapter five: stupid bad dream.

Enjoy!!!

***

I stood up and looked down at my bed, holding my breath in fear of the voices of my parents.

  They were yelling so loud, our neighbors could hear them. I wonder what happened. I wanted to go downstairs.

"GET HER OUT OF THE HOUSE, PETER!" I heard my mom yelling at my dad. I placed my ear on the door to eavesdrop, I started whimpering at the sounds of footsteps.

I backed away from the door, swallowed hard as the door swans open, revealing my scared dad covered in blood.

For a four-year-old's brain, I realized that my father was going to die. I started shaking, I squeezed my eyes shut, and my shoulders began to shake.

***

I opened my eyes to Chase soothing me, "it's okay, it's okay."

He kept repeating, "don't worry, it's just a nightmare."

A nightmare that once was a memory.

***
Next day - THE DINING ROOM

Biting my lip at the sight of Eleanor giving me sympathy looks, it bothered me, especially the fact that Chase told them what happened to me.

I glared at Chase, and he just shrugged.

"We heard you last night," Eleanor said. "Dear, if the nightmares are coming back, please inform us."

"Don't worry," I shook my head. "Stupid bad dream that meant nothing."

"Are you sure?" Ellie asked worriedly, and I nodded.

"Excuse me," I excused myself, I was in no mood to eat breakfast anymore.

I grabbed my phone and made my way out of their house, I breathed out and took a deep breath, then I let it out as I walked away from the house.

The memories are haunting me back, and I don't know why. An idea popped into my head, although past me would completely, entirely disagree with the present me, I couldn't stop moving to the house that started all of this.

I exhaled, I stood on the doorstep and knocked on the door.

Yep, people live here. Replaced us.

A middle-aged lady opened the door, with a confused face but still gave me a smile. "Hey, how may I help you?"

I swallowed hard, no words were able to leave my mouth, even though I had so much to say.

Runaway, run as fast as you can from this horrible house.

"I live next door, I don't think we met before," I smiled slightly at her.

"Are you Eleanor's daughter?" My eyes lit up at the mention of Eleanor's name, and at the thought of Eleanor being my mother.

"I wish," I chuckled. "Eleanor is my guardian, for now."

"Oh," she nodded. "Do you want to come in?"

"Please- oh, I mean sure," she opened the door wide open, and I walked inside. I looked around the house, it hasn't changed much, although the walls looked different.

And, I could imagine the shadows running around the living room.

"Daddy, stop!" I giggled and ran away from my father who was chasing after me with a turtle, I imagined the turtle as a dinosaur, and it was sent by the enemy to destroy me.

"Who's daddy? I am Drill!" Dad growled as I let out a squeal.

"Are you okay, dear?" The lady narrowed her eyes at me.

"I... I used to live here," I sighed. "Mind if I looked around? Please?"

"Go ahead," she smiled. What a nice lady.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

***

I walked up the stairs, feeling her behind me. Of course, she wouldn't let a total stranger alone in the house where her kids might be.

I stood in front of my old room, I looked at her for permission to enter the room, and she nodded nervously.

I entered my old light blue room that was turned to a dark blue room. A boy who looked my age sat on the edge of the bed, he looked frustrated at his phone.

"Mom, could you-" he looked up at us, and his eyes were filled with confusion. "Who are you? Did you adopt another kid? Am I forced to share this room with her? Mom, no! I don't even like this room, I wanted Megan's room, and besides; her room is much bigger and it fits two!"

"Jake, you're not sharing the room with anyone. Megan has a bigger room because your cousin will be living with us, and she's coming in twenty days," she told him.

"Then, who is she? If she's my cousin, she's too hot to be my cousin, and isn't she supposed to go to Meg's room?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

She just said she's coming in twenty days, how could I be your cousin?

"You ask too many questions," I spoke. "I'm Scarlett, I live next door, and your room is just across from mine."

"You've been living next door and only now I meet you?" He scoffed. "And you literally live across this room and I've never seen you naked?"

"Jacob, manners!" His mother scolded him.

I laughed, "because I always make sure to let my curtains closed."

"Are you here to see me naked? Because it won't work since my mom is in the room with us," he shrugged.

"I used to live here," I whispered, I looked around the room. "Same room you're in."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized.

I smiled, "can I look around the room please?"

He just nodded, giving me space to look around.

I wandered around the room, the room was okay, it was a medium-sized room, and it looked like a room from a magazine. The walls were deep blue, fitting perfectly with his white furniture. His white bed was placed in the middle, with two nightstands on both sides of the bed.

My eyes landed at the small couch that hid the crack on the wall. I chuckled as I slowly headed towards the couch, I moved it back without asking for permission, and I can feel their eyes watching my every move.

The crack was still there, and I broke it with a ball that my father bought when he thought I was going to be a boy. They were ready for a kid, they had a room ready for me, the walls were light blue because the doctors told them that I was a boy. When I was two, I wanted my room to be pink and sparkly, and now I wanted it to be back to blue, I smiled at the wall.

I made my eyes wander around the room again, and I caught my secret box, I went to the other side of the wall and removed the frame.

They were probably trying to cover it, since it was another crack, however; this was a huge one that was made by my father.

I usually hid chocolates and sugar, and I hid a picture of the boys, their parents, my parents, and me.

I grabbed the old dusty picture and let a couple of tears fall into the old picture.

I quickly wiped the tears away and exhaled the pain within me. I turned around with a smile on my face, "thank you for letting me in, really; I appreciate it, I needed something to help me control my focus and not lose it."

***

Long chapter but not that long because other chapters will be even longer.

Anyway, goodnight guys! I hope you guys are staying safe because of the corona.

Please vote, comment, and share!!

Thank you.