- i like you - mw

mike wheeler had always had feeling for y/n l/n

everyone knew.

his friends, his bullies, his school, his sisters, his parents, absolutely everybody... except y/n herself.

a cliché, but true nonetheless.

"just ask her out, man," lucas encourage mike. "what's the worst that could happen?"

"she could disown me!" mike whispered-yelled back. "and keep your voice down, she could hear!"

"who could hear what?" y/n was standing right behind them.

"mike wanted to ask you something." lucas quickly said before leaving the room and slamming the door shut behind him.

mike stayed silent as y/n spoke up to clear the tension that lucas left behind.

"what was it you wanted to ask me? or is lucas just being lucas?" y/n lightly chuckled, making mike's heart speed up.

mike had the perfect opportunity to deny that he was going to say something and just leave y/n in the room alone, but a part of him wanted to man-up and admit his feelings towards the girl of his dreams, so that's exactly what he did.

"no, he's right, i wanted to ask you something."

mike lifted his eyes to meet y/n's, but he immediately became speechless.

y/n stood patiently, waiting for mike to say what he needed to say.

"mike..." y/n placed her hand on mike's cheek. "are you alright? did something happen?"

"y-yeah, i just-i need to tell you something." mike repeated.

"yeah, you said that already, love." y/n smiled.

love.

mike's heart started hammering at a stupidly fast pace, faster than it ever had before: the nickname she gave him, how close they were, her hand on his cheek, her genially caring for him.

it was making him go crazy, and he was going to burst.

"i like you."

y/n removed her hand from mike's cheek and took a few steps back.

mike's heart snapped.

she didn't feel the same.

the small hope that mike had, hoping that y/n liked him too, was gone.

"really?" she asked, attempting to make eye contact with mike, but he looked down. "mike?"

mike simply nodded.

y/n moved a few steps closer, closer than she was before.

y/n's lips was inches away from mike's.

"i like you too, mike." and with that being said, y/n leaned in.

her lips lightly pushed against his, before moving away again.

"wait, huh- w-what?" mike felt like it was too good to be true.

"i like you too, mike wheeler." y/n smiled up to him.

mike beamed back, making a mental note to thank lucas later.