30• game day (part 2)

The game ended and the blonde girl still hadn't returned

The game ended and the blonde girl still hadn't returned. For a moment I was doubting whether she had ever really been there at all. Maybe she had just been in my head?

The bright lights of the stadium illuminated the faces of our team's players as they celebrated their win but I felt nothing.

4:2

The win didn't really register in my brain. I couldn't cheer. I was still staring at the empty spot the girl had sat in. My vision blurred when I tried to shift my gaze and the players appeared as nothing but smudges of blue against the bright green grass of the field before my eyes.

I could hear Jin's loud hollering from behind me but remained in my seat, almost frozen to the spot. Cat had to shake my shoulders to get me out of my own head.

"We won!" she did a little dance, not noticing how spaced out I still was. "Should we go down?"

I nodded my head and Cat, Jin, Namjoon and I walked down the bleachers to the bright green soccer field. I had no idea where Sammy had disappeared to but I was certain she'd have no trouble finding us.

Like last time, by the time most of the audience had left, security let us onto the field to the players through a back door.

I finally managed to fully snap out of my trance once I spotted Jungkook.

He jogged over as soon as he noticed us and before I could open my mouth, I was caught up in a tight but incredibly sweaty hug.

"Ew" I laughed, only hesitantly hugging him back. "You did great" I complimented him. He didn't need to know that I missed most of the game.

"Thanks, sweetheart" he grinned and then took a deep breath. "This is it. We're officially playing the national championships!" his face was beaming with light and excitement. You couldn't help but feel excited along with him.

"That's insane!" Cat exclaimed. "Congrats! How are you guys celebrating?"

"Thank you! A few of us are going for drinks now but we have a party planned next weekend to properly celebrate, which you guys are of course invited to. I was just about to tell you actually" Jungkook smiled.

His face was flushed red, black hair drenched in sweat. He had a white towel wrapped around the back of his neck and a water bottle in hand. My eyes unintentionally trailed down to his defined abs but immediately snapped back up when I realized what I was doing. Of course he caught me checking him out and sent me a sly wink.

"Sorry" I mumbled, blushing a light shade of pink.

"I don't mind" he smiled.

Cat didn't take notice of our little interaction, her eyes and mind were already elsewhere.

"Just walk up to him" I tried encouraging her when I noticed she was watching Jimin stretch from a far, not moving any closer to him.